Allstate app just worked to get gift cards. FYI.

BandBWCsmom

4 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

How exactly does this program work? My dad has Allstate but does not want to implement the "Safe Driving" feature.

We have progressive. 

I got the drivewise app after looking at posts on here. use the codes to earn points and redeen for discounted cards. it's great. 

1 minute ago, BandBWCsmom said:

We have progressive. 

I got the drivewise app after looking at posts on here. use the codes to earn points and redeen for discounted cards. it's great. 

Yes, but do you actually have to connect drivewise to your car in order to redeem promo codes? My dad said, he will not do that. 

3 hours ago, BandBWCsmom said:

We have progressive. 

Were you able to use the codes right away?  I don’t have Allstate, but I downloaded the app yesterday and drove to and from work today.   I need 10 trips for just 200 points.  Do you need 1000 for the $100 cards?  It seems it will take me a year to get enough points to buy gift cards. I really miss the AARP program.  😞

Please tell me if I’m missing something.

Thx! 

Edited by ForSharonB

1 minute ago, ForSharonB said:

Were you able to use the codes right away?  I don’t have Allstate, but I downloaded the app yesterday and drove to and from work today.   I need 10 trips for just 200 points.  Do you need 1000 for the $100 cards?  It seems it will take me a year to get enough points to buy gift cards. I really miss the AARP program.  😞

Click to go shopping with your points, and it will let you use promo codes for free points. I installed the app two days ago, I have 30k points. I think the thread is just below this one, about 50 pages long. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Yes, but do you actually have to connect drivewise to your car in order to redeem promo codes? My dad said, he will not do that. 

No, I don't use the tracking feature. No way, no how. In fact, I've uninstalled the app. Non-Allstate customers have to create a rewards account through the app at first, but then don't need it after the account in made. Since your dad is a customer, he should be able to register for rewards through his online account, I'm guessing.

Once you're up & running, it's just like the AARP rewards program, if you're familiar with that one. The same company operates both rewards sites. You get a bunch of points for registering, then some more for going to the rewards site for the first time. If you don't want to use Drivewise to track and earn points, then you just use the promo codes that come via email. Most are worth 1,000 points, but sometimes 2,000 or 3,000. Then you go to this thread and dig through all of the pages for shared promo codes. A lot have expired, but many are still valid: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2363984-allstate-drive-wise-cards-too/page/51/#comments It'd be tedious going through the thread, but it'll be worth it to get all those points. Start at the end for the most recent codes (more likely to still be valid) and work your way to the front.

As a non-Allstate customer, this is the link I've always used to the rewards site, but like I said, maybe your dad can get to it through his account since he's a customer: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

No, I don't use the tracking feature. No way, no how. In fact, I've uninstalled the app. Non-Allstate customers have to create a rewards account through the app at first, but then don't need it after the account in made. Since your dad is a customer, he should be able to register for rewards through his online account, I'm guessing.

Once you're up & running, it's just like the AARP rewards program, if you're familiar with that one. The same company operates both rewards sites. You get a bunch of points for registering, then some more for going to the rewards site for the first time. If you don't want to use Drivewise to track and earn points, then you just use the promo codes that come via email. Most are worth 1,000 points, but sometimes 2,000 or 3,000. Then you go to this thread and dig through all of the pages for shared promo codes. A lot have expired, but many are still valid: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2363984-allstate-drive-wise-cards-too/page/51/#comments It'd be tedious going through the thread, but it'll be worth it to get all those points. Start at the end for the most recent codes (more likely to still be valid) and work your way to the front.

As a non-Allstate customer, this is the link I've always used to the rewards site, but like I said, maybe your dad can get to it through his account since he's a customer: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

Wait. I, obviously, don't have Allstate insurance so can I just make up a non-member account, so my dad won't worry about drivewise? And is this program closing/reseting soon? Trust me, nothing is more tedious than filling out mostly irrelevant quizzes, and I find it thrilling searching for promo codes! Thanks!

1 hour ago, ForSharonB said:

Please tell me if I’m missing something.

Thx! 

As soon as you earn enough points, you can use them. It's just like AARP, the same company operates both of them. 1,000 points for $100 cards, 5,000 points for $500. AARP rewards will be back next month. We don't know for sure if they'll still offer the Carnival cards, but I have high hopes. Go through the Allstate thread I posted in my last comment and use all the promo codes there. That'll get you a ton of points. I have almost 300,000 in my Allstate account. Started a little over 2 years ago. It's my reserve stash. We always use AARP to buy the cards, but if by some chance their new rewards don't offer them, I still have my Allstate.

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Wait. I, obviously, don't have Allstate insurance so can I just make up a non-member account, so my dad won't worry about drivewise? And is this program closing/reseting soon? Trust me, nothing is more tedious than filling out mostly irrelevant quizzes, and I find it thrilling searching for promo codes! Thanks!

Yep, you can just create a non-customer account. There's no indication that Allstate's program is going anywhere. No quizzes with Allstate. Just Drivewise tracking and promo codes. Since AARP's program is becoming simply "AARP Rewards," I kind of assumed it had a lot to do with the company that operates both of them. Making AARP's program more in line with "Allstate Rewards."

As I mentioned, you'll have to do it through the app. And you might even have to turn on Drivewise tracking in the app just to get it up and running. But once you get the account created, just turn off Drivewise or uninstall the app.

Edited by Organized Chaos

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Yep, you can just create a non-customer account. There's no indication that Allstate's program is going anywhere. No quizzes with Allstate. Just Drivewise tracking and promo codes. Since AARP's program is becoming simply "AARP Rewards," I kind of assumed it had a lot to do with the company that operates both of them. Making AARP's program more in line with "Allstate Rewards."

As I mentioned, you'll have to do it through the app. And you might even have to turn on Drivewise tracking in the app just to get it up and running. But once you get the account created, just turn off Drivewise or uninstall the app.

I have to put in the last 4 digits of my SSN? I am hesitant about setting up an account if I have to provide that. Is there an easier way that doesn't involve such information?

14 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I have to put in the last 4 digits of my SSN? I am hesitant about setting up an account if I have to provide that. Is there an easier way that doesn't involve such information?

That doesn't sound right, but I don't know what it's like now. It's been over 2 years since I created my account. I know they didn't want that back then. Back when I did it, they had a stand-alone Drivewise app. Now it's been integrated into their Allstate app. It kind of sounds like they're asking you that as part of an Allstate insurance account instead of the Rewards account.

I just tried it. You have to choose to sign up with "Drivewise Only." And you have to turn on GPS tracking at first. Then enter your account info, but it won't ask for your social.

Name, DOB, Address, Phone number, & Email.

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

That doesn't sound right, but I don't know what it's like now. It's been over 2 years since I created my account. I know they didn't want that back then. Back when I did it, they had a stand-alone Drivewise app. Now it's been integrated into their Allstate app. It kind of sounds like they're asking you that as part of an Allstate insurance account instead of the Rewards account.

They are asking me what type of policy I have. Given I don't have Allstate insurance, what should I put?

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 10.51.40 PM.png

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I edited my post above, you might not have seen it. Click on Create an Account, then choose Drivewise Only.

I am lost. Where exactly is the Drivewise only signup? Sorry to bother you.

1 minute ago, jbethel11 said:

I am lost. Where exactly is the Drivewise only signup? Sorry to bother you.

It's all good. You installed the official Allstate app, right? When you open it, it asks to agree to the TOS, turn on location services (for iPhone, that is. GPS tracking whatever). Once you get to the login screen, click on Create an Account (under the Log In button). The next screen should be "How would you like to sign up?" First choice is "With my Allstate Policy" and the bottom choice is "Drivewise only (No Allstate policy)." That's the one you want, agree to another TOS, then fill out account info.

2 hours ago, wardamnweagle said:

Click to go shopping with your points, and it will let you use promo codes for free points. I installed the app two days ago, I have 30k points. I think the thread is just below this one, about 50 pages long. 

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

It's all good. You installed the official Allstate app, right? When you open it, it asks to agree to the TOS, turn on location services (for iPhone, that is. GPS tracking whatever). Once you get to the login screen, click on Create an Account (under the Log In button). The next screen should be "How would you like to sign up?" First choice is "With my Allstate Policy" and the bottom choice is "Drivewise only (No Allstate policy)." That's the one you want, agree to another TOS, then fill out account info.

Thanks again for all your help! I hadn't download the app, which was why I couldn't see the "Drivewise Only (No Allstate Policy)" option. I set it all up, and I think I should be set! Definitely will be using some of your promo codes! Thanks so much!

EDIT: Apparently Allstate Rewards isn't available in New York...I don't know if I should uninstall the app, or not yet...

Edited by jbethel11
More info

12 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Thanks again for all your help! I hadn't download the app, which was why I couldn't see the "Drivewise Only (No Allstate Policy)" option. I set it all up, and I think I should be set! Definitely will be using some of your promo codes! Thanks so much!

No problem, glad you got it. Yeah, I mentioned earlier that non-customers have to use the app to sign up, but I was throwing a lot of info. at you, so I should've reminded you. That's my bad. Now that you've got an account, you can stop the app from tracking you or uninstall it altogether and just use the rewards website I linked to in post #8. Or you can use the app to enter promo codes and buy cards (I think). I could never get it to access my account unless I let it track me. And it doesn't let me log out of the app, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. So I just delete it.

Just read your edit about New York. Dang, I don't know what to tell you. Even if it lets you sign up and accrue points, maybe it won't let you buy them because you're in NY. No idea about that.

Just now, Organized Chaos said:

No problem, glad you got it. Yeah, I mentioned earlier that non-customers have to use the app to sign up, but I was throwing a lot of info. at you, so I should've reminded you. That's my bad. Now that you've got an account, you can stop the app from tracking you or uninstall it altogether and just use the rewards website I linked to in post #8. Or you can use the app to enter promo codes and buy cards (I think). I could never get it to access my account unless I let it track me. And it doesn't let me log out of the app, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. So I just delete it.

Not sure if you saw my edit, but apparently the mobile app does not work in New York. Fortunately I also have a place of residence in New Hampshire as well, so I am on the phone with costumer service right now.

Just now, jbethel11 said:

Not sure if you saw my edit, but apparently the mobile app does not work in New York. Fortunately I also have a place of residence in New Hampshire as well, so I am on the phone with costumer service right now.

Good luck. But if they won't let you buy them and ship them to NY, it'd be pretty inconvenient to ship them to NH, wouldn't it? You might have to do it through your dad's Allstate policy, if that would even work.

7 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

But if they won't let you buy them and ship them to NY, it'd be pretty inconvenient to ship them to NH, wouldn't it?

Just got off of the phone with the Allstate costumer service representative. He said I could ship them to New York, but my address would have to be in New Hampshire. Even if I had to ship them to NH, it wouldn't be bad, as I am there intermittently from Sep through May.

10 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

You might have to do it through your dad's Allstate policy, if that would even work.

No, according to him, it would not work. Figures, New York is the ONLY state that doesn't allow use through the mobile app! We would need the actual device that hooks up to the mirror which my dad vehemently opposed. I have to call their technical support tomorrow as it is a different department than the regular Allstate employees.

5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Just got off of the phone with the Allstate costumer service representative. He said I could ship them to New York, but my address would have to be in New Hampshire. Even if I had to ship them to NH, it wouldn't be bad, as I am there intermittently from Sep through May.

No, according to him, it would not work. Figures, New York is the ONLY state that doesn't allow use through the mobile app! We would need the actual device that hooks up to the mirror which my dad vehemently opposed. I have to call their technical support tomorrow as it is a different department than the regular Allstate employees.

I don’t know if it matters, but you don’t even need the app. Forget the Drivewise tracking, which is what it sounds like they’re making a big deal about. You just need to enter promo codes, accrue points, and buy the cards. 

So they won’t even let you ship the cards to the NY address even if you don’t use Drivewise tracking?

22 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don’t know if it matters, but you don’t even need the app. Forget the Drivewise tracking, which is what it sounds like they’re making a big deal about. You just need to enter promo codes, accrue points, and buy the cards. 

Correct, however you need an account, and since I put my mailing address in New York, it will not allow me to even sign in online without it saying "Not available in New York". So, I am going to change my mailing address to the one in New Hampshire.