Question about hotel with air deviation

QuadraCatLady

My husband and I decided to do the air deviation to arrive in New Orleans one night early. We also have the free airfare option and paid for transfers with NCL. This might sound like a stupid question but we've never cruised before so...

Can we book any hotel we choose in NOLA or are there only certain hotels connected to the package? Or, are there only certain hotels where our free transfers will work? 

Thanks!

Kristene

Welcome to cruising!

1. Call and cancel your transfer to the cruise ship, you cannot use it coming in a day early, the transfer isn't free so get your refund.

2. Book any hotel you choose in NOLA. I have had good experiences at the Marriott and it's close to the port.

Edited by Nola26

1 minute ago, Nola26 said:

Welcome to cruising!

1. Call and cancel your transfer to the cruise ship, you cannot use it coming in a day early, the transfer isn't free so get your refund.

2. Book any hotel you choose in NOLA. I have had good experiences at the Marriott and it's close to the port.

Thanks, Nola26!

When you call, be prepared they will want to charge you a cancellation penalty charge to cancel transfers.   They waived the penalty since I added the deviation air coming in early.  I had to sit on hold for 30 minutes while he obtained the supervisor approval to over-ride.  

If you book their hotel the price is per person so book on your own.  

2 hours ago, ed01106 said:

I would ask when contacting the hotel if the offer free shuttle both airport to hotel and hotel to port and consider that as part of what hotel you choose.

Good tip!

21 minutes ago, broncofan99 said:

When you call, be prepared they will want to charge you a cancellation penalty charge to cancel transfers.   They waived the penalty since I added the deviation air coming in early.  I had to sit on hold for 30 minutes while he obtained the supervisor approval to over-ride.  

If you book their hotel the price is per person so book on your own.  

Okay, good to know! 

The airport is far from the cruise terminal in New Orleans. To my knowledge, no hotel does a free airport and port shuttle. Only hotels near the airport offer the airport shuttle, without a fee anyway. Unless you arrive late, you don't want to stay by the airport.  Expect around a $35 Uber to hotels by the port and $15 from town to the port.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:33 PM, bearette said:

The airport is far from the cruise terminal in New Orleans. To my knowledge, no hotel does a free airport and port shuttle. Only hotels near the airport offer the airport shuttle, without a fee anyway. Unless you arrive late, you don't want to stay by the airport.  Expect around a $35 Uber to hotels by the port and $15 from town to the port.

Okay, good to know. We'll probably book something in the French Quarter so we can walk around and then take an Uber to the port.