Bangkok, Bali & Beyond flight information

H2Otstr

I put a deposit on this trip for 2020, including the pretrip to Bali. The two night pretrip to Bali is April 3 & 4 and the cruise starts 

on the 5th. 

Our itinerary has us leaving Raleigh, NC on the April 2nd and arriving in Bali on the 3rd. When I do a mock flight I see

that most flights get in at 11:59 on the 3rd which only leaves us the 4th in the hotel. So essentially we are paying

for 2 nights and only getting one. There are no tours provided on the 3rd but are on the 4th. 

Has anyone else booked the pretrip and had this same situation? 

5 hours ago, H2Otstr said:

I put a deposit on this trip for 2020, including the pretrip to Bali. The two night pretrip to Bali is April 3 & 4 and the cruise starts 

on the 5th. 

Our itinerary has us leaving Raleigh, NC on the April 2nd and arriving in Bali on the 3rd. When I do a mock flight I see

that most flights get in at 11:59 on the 3rd which only leaves us the 4th in the hotel. So essentially we are paying

for 2 nights and only getting one. There are no tours provided on the 3rd but are on the 4th. 

Has anyone else booked the pretrip and had this same situation? 

Bummer, but if most of the flights don't get in until midnight, then at least everyone is in the same boat.

I see three choices. First, would be to leave a day earlier and break up the trip with an overnight (on your dime) somewhere along the way that would allow you to arrive in Bali earlier in the day. Second, would be to do the pre-trip on your own, if you can do it for less and then maybe you won't feel as badly about arriving at midnight. Third, would be to stick with the Viking pre-trip (because sometimes you just want Viking to handle everything) and the fact that it is really a two-night one-day stay.

The hotels will get you coming and going. For my daughters wedding, my son arrived on the red-eye at oh-dark 30 and he arrived at the hotel not long thereafter. After all that we were spending on the wedding, for food and rooms and all, they still made us pay for an extra day for the room so that he would have a place to sleep when they arrived ( were weren't arriving until later in the day). Even though you are arriving in the wee hours of the night, you may find this same mentality at whatever hotel you choose.

• Like 1

We did this trip in March and booked the air with Viking and paid the fee to select our flights in Business class. We flew American to LA and Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong and the on to Bali arriving in the morning around 10AM. The Business class fare was cheaper than we could have booked on our own.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PGI GUY said:

We did this trip in March and booked the air with Viking and paid the fee to select our flights in Business class. We flew American to LA and Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong and the on to Bali arriving in the morning around 10AM. The Business class fare was cheaper than we could have booked on our own.

Thank you. Can you tell me what your flight times were? 

Talked to my TA today, paid the $50 pp for air and now have our flights. We are now leaving a day early and will get into Bali at 3 pm two days later. 

PGI Guy, we are going RDU to LAX to Hong Kong to Bali. American Airlines and Cathay Pacific. Thanks for your help.