Crystal cruise...shoes...HELP!!

dbird

My best friend and I are full filling a 20 year dream of going on a luxury cruise by taking a Crystal 9 day Caribbean cruise this Nov.

I pretty much have my clothes figured out....but shoes ugh. Full disclosure...I work in a shoe store...so part of the problem is I have too many choices, lol. Crystal does 2 Black Tie Optional nights so I got a black shoe with a thick heel...so good there. The other nights are Crystal Casual, dressy pants, dresses. Not sure what to wear for shoes these nights. 1) what is a reasonable amount of pairs to take 🙂

2) advice for shoe for non BTO nights.

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, dbird said:

My best friend and I are full filling a 20 year dream of going on a luxury cruise by taking a Crystal 9 day Caribbean cruise this Nov.

I pretty much have my clothes figured out....but shoes ugh. Full disclosure...I work in a shoe store...so part of the problem is I have too many choices, lol. Crystal does 2 Black Tie Optional nights so I got a black shoe with a thick heel...so good there. The other nights are Crystal Casual, dressy pants, dresses. Not sure what to wear for shoes these nights. 1) what is a reasonable amount of pairs to take 🙂

2) advice for shoe for non BTO nights.

Thank you!!

Cute flats or sandals  are perfect day or night . I have not worn heels for years and have never needed them on Crystal. Remember BTO night can be as formal or in our case non-formal as you like. We have not done formal for 25 years an there are many like us onboard.

I know you’ll enjoy Crystal.

5 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I think you're on this cruise with me. Aside from the heels you mentioned, I can see bringing 3 more pair of shoes: A sandal for days by the pool, a flat for when you want to hide your toes (my feet can get cold on the ship at night), a walking shoe if you plan on walking the ports more than lounging on a beach.  Of course, being that you work in a shoe store, I'd toss in 2 extra pair just because options are good. 🙂 Do you plan on checking a suitcase?

I am checking a suitcase. Your recommendations are pretty much what I had in mind. I guess I do need to buy the black flats I have been eyeing, lol. I was going to just go with sandles but I think it might be too casual and like you say, if it is cool then having my feet more covered is a good idea. Thank you. I know I am over thinking things....but planning is part of the fun of the trip 🙂

4 hours ago, dbird said:

black flats

I tend to dress in a quite understated way so black, Rothy, flats are on my to-buy list.  And it's easier then to accessorize "bling" with things that don't take up much room.  Shoes take up the most!