Grand Princess Sky deck question

toads45froggy

I have a question on the Sky deck there is the sport court and big chess board  Ilove both pretending I can shoot a basketball (pretty form bad aim) and chess (im decent for a beginner but forget a lot because i got weeks and months without playing) are the used very much to be crowded at times?

Going on a 14 day Hawaii in January on the aforementioned Grand. Just curious how much they are used.

11 minutes ago, toads45froggy said:

I have a question on the Sky deck there is the sport court and big chess board  Ilove both pretending I can shoot a basketball (pretty form bad aim) and chess (im decent for a beginner but forget a lot because i got weeks and months without playing) are the used very much to be crowded at times?

Going on a 14 day Hawaii in January on the aforementioned Grand. Just curious how much they are used.

Basketball court is still there just aft of the funnel and can be crowded depending on weather and time of day.  It's on sky deck.

The Chess board is on Sports deck, aft, starboard side.

The chess set is on the sports deck and basketball is on the sky deck.

The cruise is 15 days (not 14). I have been on this cruise many times and will be going again Dec 3.

sport.jpg

sky.jpg

Edited by denmarks

Our last cruise to Mexico, I don’t remember seeing ppl up there much.  Port days there was no one when we walked around.  If you get back to the ship early on the port days, you should be good.

1 hour ago, bigcman said:

Our last cruise to Mexico, I don’t remember seeing ppl up there much.  Port days there was no one when we walked around.  If you get back to the ship early on the port days, you should be good.

thanks!

3 hours ago, denmarks said:

The chess set is on the sports deck and basketball is on the sky deck.

The cruise is 15 days (not 14). I have been on this cruise many times and will be going again Dec 3.

i actually knew all that i just was on a semi working lunch. so i forgot to go back.

I asked cuz mt fiancee wants to learn chess i have a travel game but i rarely find big sets. so i can take pictures with it.

We've been on the Grand several times, most recently this past June.  I've not seen anyone using the chess board and only occasionally seen the basketball court used.  I have seen little children  in there chasing a ball around.