Nautica Inside Cabin

ToxM

I am just perusing the newly released 2021 NA and European intineraries. 

Found a very tempting one but know that our budget will likely only stretch to an inside (boo!). I am curious if the refit of Nautica has been done and someone can comment on the bathroom and if the enclosed shower makes a difference to the overall size/comfort level of using it? I have noted that there have been comments in the past regarding the size of the stall. 

I believe Insignia is identical, so if some kind would who has travelled on insignia can help that would be great!

We have a cruise coming up on a different line in November of this year in an inside, and if the inside cabin passes muster (as it were) we will be looking at this Nautica cruise very seriously. 

Opinions/experiences please 😉

Thanks in advance!

the Nautica  refit is in June 2020

The W/C size does not change   AFAIK  they take the  friendly curtain  away & put in a glass door

There  was a photo someplace here on the Insignia  W/C

Thanks for your reply. I know the bathroom size has not changed, I just wondered if the addition of the glass door has made it any better size wise than having the curtain which seems to have been universally disliked. I do remember the pics on the w/c thread, but as it wasn’t something relevant to me I didn’t pay as much attention as maybe I should have. 

We just returned from a 14-day cruise on the Insignia and the shower with glass doors is an improvement.  While the shower is the same size, now there is no problem with a friendly shower curtain clinging to you when you are showering.  In addition, the glass door keeps the water in the shower rather than letting it escape to the bathroom floor.

Relative to your concern about booking an inside room - if you are on a port intensive European itinerary, we find that an inside room is fine as we are usually ashore during the day and are only using the room for sleeping and showering.  Even on sea days there is always space to sit in Horizons or around the pool. 

• Like 1

I prefer the insides on ALL R ships... deck 8... Have sailed  in all the other cabins from PH on down.  Bathroom even with curtain was  not bad... it is what it is .   Easy to work around    My choice is, to me, there is really very little value in getting anything better on an R.     Your perfectly positioned on the ship for the best access,  On the same deck as the PH,  Get the same meals and service for way less.    Spent up to 28 days in one.   Want to look outside...flick on the TV for a view.  On many cruises  a balcony was un-usable  80% of the time due to season or weather.   Sailing 10 miles off shore  there was no view of anything.. except when you anchored or tied up.    Sounded great... reality for  us was not so..    Go for it.... and do not look back.............................Make your choice built around the cruise experience of places  you will see and cuisine you will experience...   Not about the cabin

Edited by Hawaiidan

2 hours ago, lj77346 said:

We just returned from a 14-day cruise on the Insignia and the shower with glass doors is an improvement.  While the shower is the same size, now there is no problem with a friendly shower curtain clinging to you when you are showering.  In addition, the glass door keeps the water in the shower rather than letting it escape to the bathroom floor.

Relative to your concern about booking an inside room - if you are on a port intensive European itinerary, we find that an inside room is fine as we are usually ashore during the day and are only using the room for sleeping and showering.  Even on sea days there is always space to sit in Horizons or around the pool. 

Thank you that puts my mind at rest, and also arms me with ammunition for questions form Marital Unit. 

40 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

I prefer the insides on ALL R ships... deck 8... Have sailed  in all the other cabins from PH on down.  Bathroom even with curtain was  not bad... it is what it is .   Easy to work around    My choice is, to me, there is really very little value in getting anything better on an R.     Your perfectly positioned on the ship for the best access,  On the same deck as the PH,  Get the same meals and service for way less.    Spent up to 28 days in one.   Want to look outside...flick on the TV for a view.  On many cruises  a balcony was un-usable  80% of the time due to season or weather.   Sailing 10 miles off shore  there was no view of anything.. except when you anchored or tied up.    Sounded great... reality for  us was not so..    Go for it.... and do not look back.............................Make your choice built around the cruise experience of places  you will see and cuisine you will experience...   Not about the cabin

Good points, thank you 🙂

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

I agree, we rarely get anything other than an inside.