Best deal for the Caribbean

kruzgal

We are considering a late booking for the Caribbean in November/ December this year. We can be flexible about the date/ship. We prefer a balcony but not really bothered - it’s an ‘extra’ trip so happy to take what we can get. Has anyone had a good deal in previous years booking after final payment? Just wondering how much we can expect to pay to get onboard - of course we realise there are no guarantees. Thanks for any input. 

It is impossible to predict just based on my experience. For the last 10 years I have done a single booking of a balcony cabin 3 times per season primarily on Azura but latterly 3 times on Britannia. I have done 3 sail backs and 2 sail outs but mostly I have done the last 2 week cruise where you return in time for Xmas then 4 weeks ending in the sail back to Southampton. I did one Xmas cruise where I flew back on Boxing day that did not work for me. My best price was when P&O sold per cabin not per person which was in late Nov/Dec. 2 weeks was £999 and I booked a month on board Azura  returning 21st December but it has not been on offer when I have been booking since and I can go as soon as next day. Best value for late booking has always been the last cruise before Xmas for me.

Typically in the tourist industry the cheapest time to travel is during the run up to Christmas. I would suggest 2 weeks in the Caribbean during the 2nd / 3rd weeks in December, arriving home around the 22nd would probably be the cheapest.

Inside, forward, lower deck for under £1000 would be the price to aim for (including flights)

49 minutes ago, kruzgal said:

We are considering a late booking for the Caribbean in November/ December this year. We can be flexible about the date/ship. We prefer a balcony but not really bothered - it’s an ‘extra’ trip so happy to take what we can get. Has anyone had a good deal in previous years booking after final payment? Just wondering how much we can expect to pay to get onboard - of course we realise there are no guarantees. Thanks for any input. 

At the moment the cheapest inside for before Christmas is about £1250 on Britannia 6/7 Dec and a little dearer £1275 for Azura mid November. Both insides.

You need to keep looking say end of October  beginning of November. Although people will be paying balances about now.