Seabourn Ovation Baltic Cruise-Leave this Saturday

TravelingTexan2

1 hour ago, TravelingTexan2 said:

We are leaving this Saturday from Stockholm on seven day Baltic Cruise, Does anyone have any tips on clothes to pack due to cooler weather than here in Texas? Any suggestions, tips about this ship. We were on the Encore this time last year, but in a different climate.

As a fellow Texan, I can relate to wondering if everyone is experiencing a very hot summer.  I always check latest weather trends and then just pack to experience most anything.  We did the SB Baltic cruise last summer (Amsterdam to Stockholm, including St. Petersburg, 21 days).  We found that  dressing in layers worked well.  I had a light down vest which I could wear under a light jacket.  My husband packed a light jacket as well, but wished he had packed something like my vest to go under it. We have sailed on both Encore and Ovation and find them to be almost identical.    

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1

To TT2....................We are going to the Baltic countries on Saturday too ( not with Seabourn this time) and I have checked the temperatures in all the cities we are visiting, for the next 10 days.   Temperatures range from 66F to 75F with full sun or  part cloud and some rain during the daytime occasionally.    I am certainly not expecting it to be chilly enough for gloves but I always pack a scarf for comfort!     This is our third visit to the area    St Petersburg has always been the warmest city, surprisingly.   Hope this helps you with your packing.  J    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay23 said:

To TT2....................We are going to the Baltic countries on Saturday too ( not with Seabourn this time) and I have checked the temperatures in all the cities we are visiting, for the next 10 days.   Temperatures range from 66F to 75F with full sun or  part cloud and some rain during the daytime occasionally.    I am certainly not expecting it to be chilly enough for gloves but I always pack a scarf for comfort!     This is our third visit to the area    St Petersburg has always been the warmest city, surprisingly.   Hope this helps you with your packing.  J    

So, which cruise line are you using this year? We really enjoy Seabourn.

Hi TT,      We are going with Oceania on Nautica.  My DH wants to go through the Keil Canal and Seabourn doesn't!!    On this occasion we are sailing from Southampton our home port.  We are returning from Copenhagen so only one flight.   😃     We too enjoy Seabourn.  Have a lovely trip, I am sure you will........pampered all the way.    J

• Like 1

You are going to love this trip. We did it after the Norway cruise in July.  In St. Petersburg we managed to get on the three day Seabourn package with Moscow in the middle day. It was sold out before we sailed so we're glad we booked in advance. A small group (19) with fantastic guides. Apart from getting off the ship early Catherine's palace had a day open only to cruise ship tours and the Hermitage opened 1.1/2 hours earlier that for non-cruise ship tours.  That really reduced the crowds; which are substantial!