Balcony preference

emmajo

We are currently researching/planning our first Caribbean cruise, possibly on Norwegian Dawn. Not having ever cruised on this ship or cruised with a balcony, I would appreciate hearing your experiences and preference on type of cabin. I am very interested particularly in aft-facing cabins vs. midship ones? Also for those Dawn experts....which deck? 

Thanks in advance!

If you are looking at a true aft facing balcony then go with deck 10. Balcony is deeper and you won’t have noise issues. If you go for a side view balcony deck 11 has 4 category BA balconies. The balcony is deeper than the regular ones, has overhang to protect some from the sun and rain and they are right next to the stairs and elevators. Very convenient location midship. We had one for our 14 night cruise on the Dawn last fall and loved it.

54 minutes ago, hladygirl said:

If you are looking at a true aft facing balcony then go with deck 10. Balcony is deeper and you won’t have noise issues. If you go for a side view balcony deck 11 has 4 category BA balconies. The balcony is deeper than the regular ones, has overhang to protect some from the sun and rain and they are right next to the stairs and elevators. Very convenient location midship. We had one for our 14 night cruise on the Dawn last fall and loved it.

Agree with aft balcony comment. The added plus is the wonderful smell from the bakery. It does have to be deck 10 for most spacious balcony. 8 and 9 are not as deep and 8 can be noisy.

I stayed in room 10018 in Sept 2017.  We were VERY close to the front of the ship - could see the Captain's deck clearly.  We loved it!  Very close to the pool, quiet, great view of Bermuda (though I know you are not sailing there) at night.  It was hurricane season, and we had to be re-routed through Nova Scotia on the way back and the last night was ROUGH seas.  It woke us up, but we never got sick or anything like that.  It was definitely scary, but we just chalked it up as an adventure.  My 4 year old actually had never slept better during this trip!