Anchorage to Seward Upgrade - Via Kenai Fjords National Park

bvocruise

My wife and I are taking the D5L cruise tour next June departing from Fairbanks.  We are flying into Fairbanks a few days early to explore.  I was looking at excursions today and across the one below.  It is about $190pp which seams reasonable.  I am looking for feedback to see if anyone on CC can recommend it or has any comments.  We would be giving up the train ride to Seward if we book the excursion.  Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.  

"Upgrade your journey between Anchorage and Seward by adding on a visit to Kenai Fjords National Park—a majestic tidewater glacier on Alaska’s most popular wildlife and glacier cruise."

Loved that tour. Did have to get up early to catch the bus to Seward but the Fjords were beautiful and we saw so much wildlife. We stayed on the outside decks the whole time but we were bundled up. Got to the ship about the same time the train arrived from Anchorage with the rest of the people from our tour group.

I appreciate the replies and think we will book this tour.  It seems to be a lot of fun and I'm happy to see all of the positive feedback.  I will miss the train going through the mountain and tunnel but the boat rides seems like a blast.

I did a Kenai Fjords cruise as an independent traveler in August.  It was great!  Well worth the time in driving from/to Anchorage.  Plus, my Nephew, the driver of his car, went fishing while I was on the cruise.  He caught some salmon which we enjoyed freshly grilled at his home as well as some that he smoked.

We did the Kenai Fjords tour / Transfer (replacing the train from Seward to Anchorage) on our D5C in May. The excursion was gorgeous. At one point we had orcas on one side, humpbacks on the other and puffins all around the boat. The boat went up close to the glacier, passing harbor seals with pups on ice bergs. This excursion was a high point of our trip.

• Like 1