10 AM Return from SJ

Desert Cruizers

I am looking at flights to and from SJ which have been difficult. My return to home is limited to 10 AM the day we disembark, March 22nd

or 1 AM to 1:30 AM March 23rd on United or AA. Is a 10 AM flight possible out of San Juan. Short of spending the night I have no other choices.

Our Cruises are March 8 to 15 then 15 to 22, 2020 To even get to SJ is a nightmare. ( United PSP--> SF--> EWR or Dulles  ---> SJ ) on AA

( PSP --> PHX --> Phil or Atlanta --> SJ and return SJ--DFW --> PSP, 10 AM or 1:30 AM )

Is staying an additional day and leaving the next morning at 10am an option?  Would be a lot more relaxing.

But I hear that it's possible to get to the airport in plenty of time for a 10am departure and normal ship arrival.

To stay an additional day would add close to $200 with the taxes, food.  If I did stay over, I would take an earlier flight like  6 or 7. I am better off paying the $60 Day pass at the Marriott. I will book my flights probably by september and make up my mind on AA or United. if I go united I am looking at the PSP to SF to CHI flight over, layover time no more then 2.5 hrs home via SJ, Den to PSP at 1 AM on the 23rd.  I do like AA going home with the SJ to DFW to PSP though.

If you do decide to do that 10:00am flight home day of cruise end...just do self-disembark which should put you at getting off the ship at 7:00am. Last September off Freedom in San Juan we had had so many flight changes with our AA flight home to LAX via MIA that we ended up with the 9:45am flight...We actually were the first off the ship...at SJU approx 7:20am ...through the agriculture check...checked in for our flight....and at our gate in plenty of time...Best of luck...hopefully you'll be fine.

Thank you, right now it is either AA or United. 

AA flight:

PSP to PHX 3 hr stop

PHX to PHIL 2 hr stop

PHil to SJ arrive 1 PM

Return SJ to DFW to PSP

United

PSP to SFO to CHI  to SJ arrive 2:35 PM  This flight also connects in Dulles vs CHI

Return 1AM 3/23 SJ Newark to Denver to Home  

or SJ  to Houston to Home

4 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Thank you, right now it is either AA or United. 

AA flight:

PSP to PHX 3 hr stop

PHX to PHIL 2 hr stop

PHil to SJ arrive 1 PM

Return SJ to DFW to PSP

United

PSP to SFO to CHI  to SJ arrive 2:35 PM  This flight also connects in Dulles vs CHI

Return 1AM 3/23 SJ Newark to Denver to Home  

or SJ  to Houston to Home

I'm sure you'll pick what works best for you in the end. Enjoy this trip with your daughter !!!

9 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Thank you we are really excited to visit San Juan and enjoy our b2b cruises . I know she will enjoy a Freedom Class. We will be there 2 days pre cruise so spend Sat touring OSJ. Not sure what we will do on turn around day. 

Gay

We also spent a few pre-cruise days before our B2B and so decided to just spend the turn around day onboard...Sadly it was only less than 2 hours before the new cruiser's starting boarding...but that short time having the ship to yourself (with the 30 other consecutive cruiser's) was nice....Remember you have complete access to your cabin...quickly and easily without letting new passengers see you scoot in/out of those hallway doors that will be closed but not locked for your access not theirs.

29 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We also spent a few pre-cruise days before our B2B and so decided to just spend the turn around day onboard...Sadly it was only less than 2 hours before the new cruiser's starting boarding...but that short time having the ship to yourself (with the 30 other consecutive cruiser's) was nice....Remember you have complete access to your cabin...quickly and easily without letting new passengers see you scoot in/out of those hallway doors that will be closed but not locked for your access not theirs.

Since we will have the 1 full day Saturday to see OSJ. I am thinking for the first sailing, March 8th we possibly will board later on Sunday. The 1 area should we decide to leave between sailings, that will mean a cab ride to perhaps San Juan itself and come back around 1 or 2 PM for the 2nd sailing. We will talk it over. The nice thing we aren't changing cabins. i don't think the daughter will want to remain on board since we don't leave until 8:30 yet have to be back for Muster

• Like 1