Cabins...Which to choose??

First of all thanks in advance for the help. I am 21, I have already booked and paid for a 7 night Western Car on March 4th, 2006 on the NOS. With that being said I am traveling with a friend from college, I am the one paying for everything (yeah I know I am a nice friend :P) but my question basically I purchased the LOWEST cabin possible due to flight costs over 600 each person. So I got the Z cabin, now that I think about it I don't know if I will be happy with it. I have been reading on here that most of you guys consider the N1 (I think) to be the least that they take...can someone tell me what the difference is? Also will I be unhappy with the Z, I don't like taking the bottom of the barrel but hey I got a good price :P By the way this is our first cruise I am leaving from Seattle going to Miami port.

We are not party heavily, but WILL be visiting the bars once or twice ;) (okay maybe more :) ).

Thanks again!

It appears that you have a guarantee stateroom if you have a catagory "Z". That means you could be placed anywhere on the ship from deck 2 to 10, in any interior catagory all the way up to a Promonade cabin. You may have already been assigned a cabin number since you have made final payment. Go to RCCL.COM and check your reservation. I booked a friend (helped them) in a guarantee outside (expecting catagory I on deck 2) on Majesty for Jan 30th sailing and after we made the final payment they were assigned a an F1 outside cabin on deck seven. Luck of the draw.

JonnyC;

Which deck are you going to be on? That may be the main difference in whether you should spend more. I would try to get up to at least the 8th deck. The elevators are always full and there are a looooooooottttt of stairs between the 5th deck and the pool on the 14th! :o

You'll be in the middle of the action if you are on deck 9 or 10. Get your "friend from college" to spring for the extra $100 bucks or so. Even the worst room on a cruise is better than any room at work! :D , but seven days is a long time if you get tired of climbing stairs. See if you can get one of the promenade rooms with a window.:cool:

...and single...I didn't spend any time in my room other than the couple of hours (or minutes) of sleep each night and even then I sometimes slept on the deck. Unless the "friend from college" is someone special and you plan on being in the room, then save the money for parasailing or some other fun activity and make freinds with someone who has a large balcony !

:) Oh no the friend from college is just that a friend that for the past 3 years I have taken with me as I have a good job and he doesn't but is a BLAST to travel with. We don't expect to be in the room that much at all, but I just don't want the room to be horrible...

We have been in all sorts of cabins from an interior on a lower deck, cabin with a porthole, cabin with a window, balcony, suite, promenade cabin. We have enjoyed them all. Doesn't matter to us, we love to cruise. You'll enjoy the cruise. I'd stay with the gaurantee.

:) Oh no the friend from college is just that a friend that for the past 3 years I have taken with me as I have a good job and he doesn't but is a BLAST to travel with. We don't expect to be in the room that much at all, but I just don't want the room to be horrible...
Don't worry about your cabin. You'll most likely be assigned at least a cat N and it doesn't matter at all what floor you're on. If you get one on the upper decks like 9 or 10, you'll be close to the pool by not near the prominade. If you get a cabin on say deck 3,4,6, or 7, you'll be near the prominade and the dining rooms, but away away from the pool deck. I prefer deck 6 or 7 but it really makes no difference. The cabins are exactly the same. Make sure you check rates every day to see what prices are. A good TA will do this automatically for you. Good Luck!

Archived