Black Sand Beaches

KansasScrapper

On 8/25/2019 at 5:18 PM, KansasScrapper said:

Has anyone been to one of the black sand beaches?  Can I get there from the ship?  Thanks!

There are lots and lots of black sand beaches in St Lucia. Most all visitable from port .. Which one do you want to visit? 

The most well known is Anse Chastenet, in Soufriere. You can reach via cab or water taxi or tour. 

There's Ti Kaye, Soufriere beachfront, Sabwicha, Anse I'vorgne, and so forth.  

Most are - at least - an hour from port. 

Maybe check them out via Google pics, etc and then narrow down which you may want to visit.  

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:03 PM, reedprincess said:

There are lots and lots of black sand beaches in St Lucia. Most all visitable from port .. Which one do you want to visit? 

The most well known is Anse Chastenet, in Soufriere. You can reach via cab or water taxi or tour. 

There's Ti Kaye, Soufriere beachfront, Sabwicha, Anse I'vorgne, and so forth.  

Most are - at least - an hour from port. 

Maybe check them out via Google pics, etc and then narrow down which you may want to visit.  

So do you think I can get a taxi to it off the ship or would it be better to do an excursion to one? 

13 hours ago, KansasScrapper said:

So do you think I can get a taxi to it off the ship or would it be better to do an excursion to one? 

As I noted, you can cab it, water taxi it, or take a tour, whether ship's tour or independent. Depends on what else you want to do, where ship's tours go, budget, time in port, etc 

It's at least 60 and often closer to 75 or 90 minutes from port to most of the beaches, and a cab to Soufriere runs around $90usd one way - depending in where in Soufriere.  

11 hours ago, reedprincess said:

As I noted, you can cab it, water taxi it, or take a tour, whether ship's tour or independent. Depends on what else you want to do, where ship's tours go, budget, time in port, etc 

It's at least 60 and often closer to 75 or 90 minutes from port to most of the beaches, and a cab to Soufriere runs around $90usd one way - depending in where in Soufriere.  

11 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Thank you!

16 hours ago, KansasScrapper said:

I wonder if the hurricane hit the island.

Yes, Dorian hit us - it was a direct hit on late Monday night/Tuesday morning/afternoon. Dorian was a Tropical Storm at the time, and we sustained minimal to no real material damages. Some rain, that's about it. 

15 hours ago, KansasScrapper said:

Would this excursion take us to a black beach?  It is with Princess.

The Pitons, Marigot Bay, Coastal Cruise & Beach

It depends what beach they stop at. It's very likely either Anse Chastenet or Anse Cochon, both of which are black sand beaches.