Holiday Inn Express Condado?

Monthend

I got a reasonable rate for this hotel in March on booking.com.It said reservation was completely refundable and credit card was just to guarantee. When I got confirmation they said the Hotel might charge a temporary deposit and could charge taxes if I cancelled..

Has anyone experienced this situation.  Also anyone stay at this hotel and did you like it.

Thanks

It's an older building, not the typical HIE.  We were there a couple nights last winter and it was fine and clean.

We booked direct with IHG.  We usually book direct with the hotel brands and pay a few extra bucks rather than deal with the complications that can come with third party booking sites.

• 4 weeks later...

We just stayed there one night each pre/post cruise.  It was fine.  Elevators are small (8 person capacity) - we were barely able to get 2 people, 2 large and 2 small suitcases in there.  Rooms were a little smaller than we are used to but they were clean and the beds were comfortable.  I would stay there again.

Warning - hotel collects a 35% per night "resort fee" in addition to the local 11.5% taxes.