NCL Cruise Next Deposit question

starfish54

Here is a situation, we put down our deposit back in 2015 and we booked our next cruise for 2016. When we put down our deposit back then, we were told that we can use it for any cruise in the future, and if we don't go on a cruise before the expiration date, we can just rebook/extend and not cancel, in order to retain our deposit.

We went through few things so we couldn't get a chance to cruise, so we kept extending it until December 2019 sailing, so about 3 times.

Today when I called to rebook it again for a later cruise, we were told we can't keep doing this and we will lose our $250 deposit.

I asked if that's the policy or if it's supervisors decision, she said we shouldn't be rebooking this, it's not right to extend so many times, and we shouldn't have been allowed. Also she said I am past the deposit refund deadline of 120 days, while my booking confirmation clearly states 75 days.

It sounds to me like they are making their own decision and not following a policy, so I would like to hear from other NCL cruisers if they heard of anything like this, before i take it up with NCL customer relations team (not the reservations dept).

They are in process of sending me cancellation notice.

Edited by starfish54