Does Carnival hold cabins from TAs?

Shamrock73

The reason I ask is that I have a "use it or lose it" credit from my TA and would like to use for an April 2020 cruise.

I was looking at the Carnival site and found my preferred cabin (type, location, deck, etc.) and they have quite a few in the general location. 

When I go back to my TAs site - none of them are listed as available. None even close.

Assuming Carnival is holding these - do they ever release them to the TA? As it gets closer? If they don't sell?

Will keep looking and may just call TA and tell them what I want and see if they can get it. 

22 hours ago, Shamrock73 said:

The reason I ask is that I have a "use it or lose it" credit from my TA and would like to use for an April 2020 cruise.

I was looking at the Carnival site and found my preferred cabin (type, location, deck, etc.) and they have quite a few in the general location. 

When I go back to my TAs site - none of them are listed as available. None even close.

Assuming Carnival is holding these - do they ever release them to the TA? As it gets closer? If they don't sell?

Will keep looking and may just call TA and tell them what I want and see if they can get it. 

You can book it through Carnival's site and then have the booking transferred to your TA so they get the commission.

This happened to me before. I was on my TA's website and none of the rooms on the 7th deck were available. I emailed Mitch and asked him if he had access to the particular rooms that I wanted. He mentioned there was a glitch with the website and was able to book the rooms for me.

21 hours ago, CruisingFromLA said:

This happened to me before. I was on my TA's website and none of the rooms on the 7th deck were available. I emailed Mitch and asked him if he had access to the particular rooms that I wanted. He mentioned there was a glitch with the website and was able to book the rooms for me.

Yep, when we booked a cruise for April 2021 a few weeks ago the Carnival website was showing all balcony cabins on Lido deck already sold out.  I knew exactly which cabin I wanted and told my TA.  Her agent booking engine was showing just about all the cabins sold out as well.  She called Carnival and I had my choice of nearly every cabin on Lido in the category we wanted.  Carnival said it was a glitch.  

1 hour ago, DebJ14 said:

Yep, when we booked a cruise for April 2021 a few weeks ago the Carnival website was showing all balcony cabins on Lido deck already sold out.  I knew exactly which cabin I wanted and told my TA.  Her agent booking engine was showing just about all the cabins sold out as well.  She called Carnival and I had my choice of nearly every cabin on Lido in the category we wanted.  Carnival said it was a glitch.  

Part of that glitch is with people going through a "mock booking" where they select the cabin number (say 7434) and then go through the whole process until it gets to the actual money part, and then back out.

The website keeps that room on hold for quite a while before releasing it back into the wild.

I accidentally did that to myself one time, doing a mock booking before deciding to pull the trigger.

When I called Carnival to push it through, they said it does that in case you lost connection, so you can restart your booking from where you left off. I had to wait an hour or so before it released and we could do the booking. 

Another time, I called and while we were looking at rooms, I mentioned to the rep that it was a shame XXXX room wasn't available, since that was really what we were looking for location wise. She let me know that apparently someone had recently cancelled and although it didn't show available on the website, it was on her end. We got that room!

So it is always worth checking!