Ovation OTS - VOOM & Streaming Daily Package

VOOM & Stream daily package. I am considering purchasing for 10 days, one device at AU$21.08 daily. Has anyone had experience with onboard Internet/streaming and is this the best price I could expect. I have seen post which state if you purchase onboard it can be more expensive. Any advice would be welcome.   I am sailing Sydney/New Zealand on Wednesday 13 November 2019.

• Like 1

I bought it for $19.12 surf and stream for one device on Voyager of the Seas for February next year. If you can be bothered , the RCI dynamic pricing for everything can be checked very frequently for " sales ". I have seen it more expensive and less expensive on cruise planner. The prices are different for different ships and indeed different sailing dates. On board purchase is usually more expensive , apparently. Like me, just pick a price , buy it, you can always cancel and repurchase if you see anything on cruise planner for a better price, cheers, Buzz.

4 hours ago, CCC's said:

VOOM & Stream daily package. I am considering purchasing for 10 days, one device at AU$21.08 daily. Has anyone had experience with onboard Internet/streaming and is this the best price I could expect. I have seen post which state if you purchase onboard it can be more expensive. Any advice would be welcome.   I am sailing Sydney/New Zealand on Wednesday 13 November 2019.

The internet is pretty average as it uses satellites and the further south you get it get worse.

I be heard of your want to stream movies you need to get the surf and stream package and somehow combine the two.

But my daughter watches YouTube and has no problem chatting with here friends.

I was answering questions and uploading pictures for people on this forum,no problem.

For sending videos to friends we found apple IMessage to be much more effective than email. 

The internet server for RC uses a format that supports iMessage and you don’t need the internet package to iMessage.

It’s cheaper to buy the internet package before the cruise.I just saw it on my cruise planner for $19 a day. On the ship you will pay about $AU 28 a day.

You can buy it for a day at a time and in port use your phone.

so use your phone as a hot spot in Sydney, it takes 2 days to get to NZ.

On the first sea day buy it for a day at about 2:00pm for 24 hours.That will give you 2 days worth.

And use your phone in ports.

But we always buy the package.

Edited by Chiliburn

I confess to being a very regular checker of the Cruise Planner. $19.16 seems to be the most common daily price for Surf + Stream. 

But if you are going to purchase the deluxe drinks package, it’s worth it to buy the combo as it works out to be around $12 a day as an add on to the drinks package. Cheapest I’ve seen the combo recently was $89.04 per day. It’s at $90ish per day right now with the Father’s Day “sale”. It was $104 last week. 

I’ve only used the internet on Explorer OTS so far and it was terrible. I hear that Ovation has the upgraded equipment to get faster speeds so I’m looking forward to testing that in February. 

Many thanks for all the responses and advice.  I will keep a close watch on daily Internet pricing over the coming months and grab it when I feel happy about the pricing.  Also, I was not aware that you can purchase on a daily basis as well.   This might need to be considered.....I can use wi-fi when in port.

Once again,  thank you everyone.

• Like 1