Best Option for West Palm Beach Airport(PBI) to Ft Lauderdale?

JEDMELK

Although I believe that my best option for landing at PBI and heading to Ft Lauderdale (17th St area) is probably UBER, I thought I might as well just ask to confirm my thoughts.
Normally, we fly into FLL and just cab or Uber to hotel however the plan is to use points and right now, the amount is almost 50% less to fly into PBI. That much of a difference is hard to ignore.

I know that there are shuttles to go from FLL to Miami but the only shuttle I found from PBI is super shuttle and their trip estimator is more than a one way rental car. Since we will not need a rental while in Ft Lauderdale, it is not worth the hassle of pick up and return. We have no issue using Uber, just wanted to see if there were any other options I may have missed?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions or confirmation of my thoughts

Jed

If you don't have a lot of luggage, you can use "Tri-Rail". On a weekend it's $5 pp.  However, you'd still need to Uber/cab/Lyft from PBI airport to the train and same from FLL stop to your hotel, so the savings might be negligible as opposed to using Uber/Lyft all the way.  You can "guestimate" the costs by just plugging in those departure/arrival points now on the Uber and Lyft apps. 

2 hours ago, JEDMELK said:

Although I believe that my best option for landing at PBI and heading to Ft Lauderdale (17th St area) is probably UBER, I thought I might as well just ask to confirm my thoughts.
Normally, we fly into FLL and just cab or Uber to hotel however the plan is to use points and right now, the amount is almost 50% less to fly into PBI. That much of a difference is hard to ignore.

I know that there are shuttles to go from FLL to Miami but the only shuttle I found from PBI is super shuttle and their trip estimator is more than a one way rental car. Since we will not need a rental while in Ft Lauderdale, it is not worth the hassle of pick up and return. We have no issue using Uber, just wanted to see if there were any other options I may have missed?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions or confirmation of my thoughts

Jed

Take the Brightline to the Fort Lauderdale station. Then cab or Uber to the port. More convenient than the Tri-rail. Look for promo codes on line.

The "best" option from PBI to your hotel is a stretch limo with a stocked bar 🍸 !😎

UberX will be about $65+ and is likely your best value considering money and time; trying to coordinate flight arrival and train departure times is a hassle.

Thanks Marco, skrufy and John, this is pretty much what I expected but had to ask.
This also gave me some time to think this through and have found some alternatives which are probably a wiser choice even if it does mean leaving out of JFK instead of Newark. That gets the nuisance out of the way up front instead of after we land.

Thanks again

Jed

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Finally came to my senses and just booked a flight out of JFK instead of Newark. Although it is a bit longer ride, once we are in the car it really does not make much of a difference (especially on a Saturday morning). Just spend 15 or so more minutes getting to the airport as opposed to dealing with an extra 45+ minutes ride once we are off the plane.

What ever in the world was I thinking!

thanks again

Jed