NCL Pearl, Aft Penthouse #9670

Rtuaca

Hello everyone, 

My wife and I have cruised on Princess,  & Carnival in the past. We decided to try NCL this time. Were not sure if this is a smart decision or not. We have booked a cruise on the Pearl leaving in March 2020 out of Miami.

We know what to expect service / additional perks wise on the other cruise lines when booking and cruising in a suite. We have a penthouse cabin booked on NCL located at the aft of the ship. Cabin #9670 (SF) Is this a nice cabin or should we change to another one? Is there a better cabin we should look at?

What can we expect as far as suite perks go? Or is this cabin class just a larger mini suite with no additional perks on NCL? I can find info on the "Haven Suites" but not so much on this suite.

Any information you could provide would be much welcome.

Thank you , 

The SF Penthouse suites on the Jewel class ships (including the Pearl) are true "suites" in that they receive suite privileges (including butler and concierge service, and breakfast and lunch in a private dining room, usually located in Moderno on those ships), except for access to the small Haven courtyard/sun deck.  (Imho, that exception is no big deal on those ships.) 

There are plenty of threads here on CC regarding the Penthouse suites on the Jewel class ships.  As for your question whether there's a "better cabin," the SFs on Deck 10 have larger (deeper) balconies than those on Decks 8 and 9, so if you can switch to one on Deck 10, I would do so.  But if by "better" you mean a more expensive category of suite, sure. 

A note of caution for those sailing in the SE and SF Penthouses on the Jewel class ships: in fall 2020, NCL will be changing the categories of those suites, pricing some of them higher than others, and possibly eliminating butler service from some.  No official announcement has yet been made by NCL, but NCL's web site shows the category changes on the deck plans and the booking pages and gives some vague information about the possible changes in suite benefits.  I did a bit of a guide to those changes on the following thread, and I would suggest that folks who are considering booking any of those suites on the Jewel class ships in fall 2020 familiarize themselves with the situation:

Edited by Turtles06

Turtles, 

Thank you for your reply. The Haven courtyard is not a must for us. We much prefer a larger balcony. As for the perks, we enjoy them but we also know were paying for them. At our age it works for us.

I looked on NCL web site but SF cabins didn't show as being available on deck 10 for our cruise on 3/8/20

25 minutes ago, Rtuaca said:

Turtles, 

Thank you for your reply. The Haven courtyard is not a must for us. We much prefer a larger balcony. As for the perks, we enjoy them but we also know were paying for them. At our age it works for us.

I looked on NCL web site but SF cabins didn't show as being available on deck 10 for our cruise on 3/8/20

The forward facing  penthouse cabins on decks 9 and 10 which are right next to the owner's suites are great cabins. The

balconies on 9 are bigger than on 10. If your itinerary is for the Panama Canal these cabins are fantastic. However the aft facing ones are more convenient to the buffet. It was a real trek to go from the front of the ship to the back to get a box of cereal in the morning!

52 minutes ago, Rtuaca said:

Turtles, 

We have stayed in 9670 three times on the Gem and once in a cabin on deck10. We preferred the 9670 for the room space instead of the larger balcony.  Loved being in the aft. You will enjoy it.