Hair Straightener, heated curling brush etc on Carnival?

Babynan

Hi all.
DW wants to know if she can take an electric hair straightener or curling brush on the ship. Or maybe the one with the liquid gas, I think its a Babylass or something like that. (I don't use them myself 😊

The Carnival site seems to say its okay, but it also says you can take a flat iron, which I thought was a definate no no. So I'm non the wiser.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
James

Hi Babynan! She may bring her hair devices 🙂 Some people say they may not always have luck with their dryer working that they brought on board, so she may have to use the room one if that is the case. However, curling iron/straightener is absolutely fine. (And FYI: "flat iron" is another name for straightener... not the thing you iron clothes with... that's just an iron and those are forbidden. 😉 )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Babynan said:

Hi all.
DW wants to know if she can take an electric hair straightener or curling brush on the ship. Or maybe the one with the liquid gas, I think its a Babylass or something like that. (I don't use them myself 😊

The Carnival site seems to say its okay, but it also says you can take a flat iron, which I thought was a definate no no. So I'm non the wiser.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
James

Electric flat iron and curlers yes, gas no

On 9/1/2019 at 12:28 PM, HeyNowMama1315 said:

Hi Babynan! She may bring her hair devices 🙂 Some people say they may not always have luck with their dryer working that they brought on board, so she may have to use the room one if that is the case. However, curling iron/straightener is absolutely fine. (And FYI: "flat iron" is another name for straightener... not the thing you iron clothes with... that's just an iron and those are forbidden. 😉 )

Hi Thanks for your reply. Sorry I hav'nt replied sooner.. Had a major computer problem.

DW is happy about the straightener and curling iron. I never knew that a "flat iron" in America was their name for a hair straightener. You learn something new all the time. 😀

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 3:06 PM, Banditswife said:

I always take my electric curling brush.  I stow mine away after use though.

Thanks for the information. DW is a lot happier now. (and I'm happy she isn't taking her hair curlers as well) but I will check her suitcase just before we go.(just in case 😁)

3 hours ago, Babynan said:

Hi Thanks for your reply. Sorry I hav'nt replied sooner.. Had a major computer problem.

DW is happy about the straightener and curling iron. I never knew that a "flat iron" in America was their name for a hair straightener. You learn something new all the time. 😀

FYI- The sea air isn't always kind to us "wavy" hair gals even with our tools  so the salon does a nice shampoo and blow out for about $50 plus tip .

On 9/1/2019 at 7:28 AM, HeyNowMama1315 said:

I actually use my flat iron to iron clothes on my cruises.  They are great for the collars and sleeves on the hub's shirts.  I find it ironic they won't allow clothes steamers but will allow all kinds of hair appliances.