Armonia Front-facing Aurea Suites (1203/1204)

TheMettins

Yes ... they are unusable when at sea.  We were in 1201 (for 4 weeks) and I spent a lot of time over the course of the cruise at the front of the ship on the open deck, right next to those balconies.  As soon as the ship would depart a port, you couldn't be out there (though it was fantastic when travelling through the Suez) due to having to sail at a very slow rate).

Edited by Beamafar
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind the wind that much! If you move your chair very close to the glass barrier it is tolerable. Sunglasses, chapstick and skin moisturizer will take care of warding off any wind burn, or one can just go up to the Aurea Serenity Deck and hang out. Being in forward cabins like 1201 and 1204 are a lot like being in the Serenity Area of the Oasis Class Ships with the forward windows open.  Not that big a deal, unless it is raining.  If I'm mistaken about this please let me know as my Wife and I booked Cabin 1204 for the 10/7/19 Sailing back a few months ago.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2019 at 6:44 PM, Zephyr173 said:

Wow!  Nice balcony and surely quite a view. But if the ship is clipping 24 knots into a headwind, you clearly need to bolt yourself to your slippers and latch your drinks.

LoL, one of the reasons this stateroom no longer interests me!  We like the front facing view, but prefer a tall glass barrier- or no balcony at all, as we've enjoyed on the Carnival Paradise.2019-04-01_17_53_28.thumb.jpg.2d78304643c0333ef73541fb525c8b92.jpg

Edited by TheMettins
  • Thanks 1