Bangkok Question on Include tour

MSEm

We are booked on the Nov 15 Viking Orion cruise (Hong Kong to Bangkok). We are also on the 2 night extension in Bangkok.

I am looking for information on the included tour vs the Tour we received from the ship to the hotel.  Should we skip the included tour, is it "covered" on our tour the day we depart the ship for the hotel.

Thanks for any information

Viking assured me the two tour are completely different ~ It sounds like the "included " tour Panoramic Bangkok is  a bus ride through the various areas to give you a general feel of what Bangkok has to offer. It doesn't  sound like we actually get off the bus and walk around any of the areas.    Lunch is included on the tour. 

The tour that we take on the Bangkok extension is AFTER we check in to the hotel,  and have lunch on our own. We will be taken to the Grand Palace, where we will have a guided tour. After the Grand Palace we will continue on to Wat Pho, one of the most well-known temples . This is where the 150 tall reclining Buddha statue is . We will then stop at a flower market to browse.  

See you at the meet and mingle!  

We didn't book the included tour, but based on the length of tour, I estimate it will be about a 2.5 hr drive through the city. The remainder of the time is lunch and 1.5 hrs each way to/from Laem Chabang.

On a previous cruise line, we did the pre/post cruise tour, which was 8 or 9 hrs and actually stopped at most of the attractions.

Thanks for your input! If I may indulge on your experience in Bangkok - On Sunday, we need to check-out of our hotel, Sangra-La Bangkok,  by noon and our flight transfer to the airport will not be until 4:00 pm.  I do not want to waste any of the time I have in Bangkok, so we were thinking of taking a taxi to the Khlong Lat Mayom floating market  for lunch and to walk around  and basically people watch.  Do you have an opinion as to if this would be a good idea. 

Thank you