Empress OTS Inner Stateroom 117 sq ft (questions please)

SSBrickNJ

35 minutes ago, TheSteveK said:

another tip to save space if you must have 3 suitcases, get a third suitcase that is smaller than your largest one and can fit in the larger one once it's unpacked, then it takes up no additional space under the bed.

That's simple but brilliant. I never heard that before so I'm so glad you mentioned it! :)

Edited by SSBrickNJ

15 hours ago, SSBrickNJ said:

That's simple but brilliant. I never heard that before so I'm so glad you mentioned it! 🙂

I've done that for years when I store my suitcases.  They even make nesting sets that have two larger suitcases and a roll-on.

• Like 1

OK, 2 thoughts.  First we (my wife, 12 y/o son and I)  cruised to Cuba on Empress 2 years ago.  We had stateroom 8000 (approximately 135 sq. ft.) and did fine. Suitcases under the beds gave us plenty of storage room (closet and drawers).  We also hung a shoe caddy on the back of the bathroom door for extra storage.  My son was fine in the Pullman.  The only problem was the hanging Pullman. We had the beds together and it made it difficult to get out of bed at night.  If I were to do it again, I think I would separate the beds for ease of access. The view was forward and there was a viewing area outside in front of the cabin.  Certainly would recommend.

Second, we are cruising Empress again next July to New England and Canada.  I had booked cabin 8500 but after reading this thread, I decided to switch to 8164.  I am intrigued by the alcove and the third non-Pullman bed. No change in price.  Still close enough to go out on the forward viewing area on deck 8.  We shall see how it goes.

• Like 1