Empress OTS Inner Stateroom 117 sq ft (questions please)

SSBrickNJ

As some know from my other thread, I booked an inner stateroom on Empress of the Seas for my family of three.

The Royal Caribbean website said that there are two pullman beds in the room and the room allows for up to 4 people.

I didn't know that it was a room with only 117 sq ft. I just figured that this was Royal C and all inner staterooms would be basically the same from ship to ship.

The beds are not the problem, correct? The beds are the same size as any other ship.

The problem is probably where to put our stuff.

IF we kept this room, even though most readers wouldn't advise it.....IF we kept this room, would there be any place for our suitcases? If we had 2 suitcases and we just lived out of those....could we just walk carefully around them and just use the room for sleep and shower? Just spend the entire cruise out and about.

COULD we keep this room and patiently work together as a family to get thru the week using it only for sleeping, showering and changing?

Note: We put a $750 deposit and it was explained to me on another thread that canceling our reservation would cost us $100 per person (so my family of 3 would lose $300)

Edited by SSBrickNJ

Dont worry! Beds are the same size. You can put empty suitcases under your bed unless they are super deep hard sided. We packed in a 22" suitcase, a 34"backpack, and a smaller carry on.. There is no chair/loveseat so doesn't make sense to leave clothes in luggage. Shelves in closet are nice. Plenty of hanging space but maybe take extra hangers to store clothes. Average drawer space. Yes crowded but use your room to dress and sleep in only!

11 minutes ago, Sianli said:

Dont worry! Beds are the same size. You can put empty suitcases under your bed unless they are super deep hard sided. We packed in a 22" suitcase, a 34"backpack, and a smaller carry on.. There is no chair/loveseat so doesn't make sense to leave clothes in luggage. Shelves in closet are nice. Plenty of hanging space but maybe take extra hangers to store clothes. Average drawer space. Yes crowded but use your room to dress and sleep in only!

Thank you. Very kind of you to reply. You are likely 2 people, yes? My family of three (for a 7 night cruise) would normally bring 3 suitcases (one for each of us) and small carry ons. I could NOT bring a suit for formal night(s) and since we are traveling in July the clothes are not bulky. So 3 suitcases could then be reduced to 2 suitcases. We'd each probably still want a carry on though. 

2 suitcases and 3 small-ish carry ons. It can work???

Edited by SSBrickNJ

@Jimbo I know that  upgrading will not cause any financial penalties. After giving people here ample time to respond to my questions I will call RC later and ask the prices for bigger rooms.

I was told on another thread that "most oceanviews are not bigger...they just have window(s)"

Yet I saw online that there are SOME Oceanview rooms that have pullman beds and are 139 square feet. (compared to 117 sq ft for the inner stateroom)

I hope when I call (my wife is still sleeping so I'm not gonna make changes to our reservation by myself) those rooms DO exist and I can get a price on them.

DO THE INNER STATEROOMS HAVE A SAFE IN THEM? I WANT TO PUT MY CAR KEYS AND OUR PASSPORTS IN THE ROOM SAFE.

Edited by SSBrickNJ

9 minutes ago, marci22 said:

52 minutes is not really that long ....

What sailing is this?

I'm asking questions on my upcoming cruise :Empress of the Seas out of Cape Liberty (Bayonne NJ) in July 2020.............not sure if you posted here by mistake because your reference to 52 minutes confuses me.

So back to my question:

IS THERE A SAFE IN THE INNER STATEROOMS OF EMPRESS OF THE SEAS? I WANT TO PUT MY CAR KEYS AND OUR PASSPORTS IN A ROOM SAFE.

and....are there a select few ocean view rooms that have pullman bed(s) and have a room dimension of 139 sq feet?

Edited by SSBrickNJ

I know you're going in July. Depending on date, the larger OVs are available. If you are interested in these I wouldn't wait. There are several videos available if you do a google search of the cabin numbers (7164 7664 8164 8664 9164 9664).

I've never been in a cabin on Royal without a safe in it. You could watch some videos online to see size and location. See Jimbo's helpful video above. Safe @ 1:25.

Edited by marci22

5 minutes ago, marci22 said:

I know you're going in July. Depending on date, the larger OVs are available. If you are interested in these I wouldn't wait. There are several videos available if you do a google search of the cabin numbers (7164 7664 8164 8664 9164 9664).

I've never been in a cabin on Royal without a safe in it. You could watch some videos online to see size and location. 

Thank you. I will write down those room numbers immediately and give Royal C a call for the pricing on those.

3 minutes ago, traveling1969 said:

We recommend that if you stick with an interior that you ask for the bed to be made into twins. This will be much more convenient and will make the room seem bigger. It's much better for sitting, changing or what have you. It would be doable for us. Bon Voyage!

So 2 twin beds NOT pushed together and then a pullman bed comes down from the wall.

That is your suggestion?

One suitcase under under each of the two twin beds.....doable?

Edited by SSBrickNJ

No Bob....that's your name as I recall? You've helped me in previous years. Did I correctly remember your name?

We are booked on the July 13, 2020 sailing sir. Thanks as always :)

Edited by SSBrickNJ

Not true I see a few larger cabins left for that sailing  .....Call asap amd ask for cabin #7164, should only cost you about $30 more then you are paying now.

Don't wait, call right now!

Jim

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Yeah, no larger OVs left on that sailing.

It's doable, otherwise anybody traveling with luggage would be here complaining. 

Pack light, but don't forget to pack your patience!

OK.

I DID watch the video on the Inner Stateroom that was provided to me earlier on the thread.

I personally feel encouraged by that. 

I'll show it to my wife later.

I'm so grateful for each person who is participating in this thread.

Thank you so much!!!

Just now, SSBrickNJ said:

OK.

I DID watch the video on the Inner Stateroom that was provided to me earlier on the thread.

I personally feel encouraged by that. 

I'll show it to my wife later.

I'm so grateful for each person who is participating in this thread.

Thank you so much!!!

Jimbo is right, 7164 is available and I would call now for pricing. (I missed it when I didn't enter 3 people on my search)

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not true I see a few larger cabins left for that sailing  .....Call asap amd ask for cabin #7164, should only cost you about $30 more then you are paying now.

Don't wait, call right now!

Jim

OK....thanks

Call Now, don't wait, it posted on here others will see it and get it before you..............Trust me if you want that cabin call now........#7164....................your wife will be super pleased you made the change.

1 minute ago, marci22 said:

Jimbo- 9664 is also available. Would you pick 7164 over 9664?

YES!!! small ship lower the better for rough seas, plus the extra space in cabin is a better layout for extra bed.

Edited by Jimbo