Empress OTS Inner Stateroom 117 sq ft (questions please)

SSBrickNJ

1 minute ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I called both Royal Caribbean's Reservation Phone Number and Royal C's Customer Service Phone Number.

They are both closed today "So our Associates may enjoy the Holiday".

That sucks, , pick either cabin you like ,aleast now you know what both look like.

I am a teacher who has to be in a Teacher Orientation Meeting with the building principal tomorrow at 8:15am.

It's the first day of school and missing it or even being late is NOT an option.

I think the inner stateroom video shows that we CAN DO IT!:classic_smile:

We'll keep that $2,449 room and that price includes the pre paid gratuities. A great price for 7 nights!

We'll pack our patience and we'll have fun! 😉

Edited by SSBrickNJ

2 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Maybe it's the number you called. I got that message too, but then I called C&A 800-526-9723 and went through the prompts and got put on hold for a rep.

Anyway the interior will be fine. Lots of people do it every day.

I can try the Crown and Anchor number. 

Nothing to lose. Amazingly my wife is still sleeping. She works hard Mon - Fri. and she sleeps WELL on the weekends LOL :)

Looked at the Floor plans

9664 is too close to the elevators. One time in a hotel I was that close to elevators and I didn't sleep at all. I'm a "difficult sleeper". I couldn't go an entire week in Room 9664. 😞

I rather be in my inner stateroom than be THAT close to the elevators.

Room 7164 is still close to the elevators....but diagonally across and slightly away. I wouldn't hear their motor move in that room, correct?

I looked again....Stateroom 7164 should be fine re. its distance from the elevators.

I watched the video. Nice. Gonna call Crown and Anchor Now and see if anyone is there on the Holiday.

Edited by SSBrickNJ

All of the rooms will work! I agree that if you make the queen I to 2 twins it will feel roomier. Plenty of room under bed for bags. But with 3 of you bring extra hangars---so handy to hang clothes but not enough hangers. We bring a collapsible laundry hamper to place in bottom of closet.

I WAS successful to talk to someone regarding room rates by calling the Crown & Anchor phone number.

Thank you for that suggestion.

The 7th deck room we discussed is still available.

It has 126 square feet.....which is only 9 more square feet than the inner stateroom I have booked.

It would add $284.00 to my remaining balance if we upgraded to that room.

I asked specifically if the closets are bigger or if there are more dresser drawers?

I was put on hold so she could ask the supervisor....5 minutes later I was told that the answer is "No"

There is 9 sq feet more to walk around but the closets and the drawers are not any more than the inner stateroom.

Gonna discuss it w/ the wife and decide within the next 2 hours.

If somebody else grabs it before me than I'll enjoy my cruise in the room we already have booked.

RC confirmed that the suitcase will fit under the bed in the inner stateroom.

9 minutes ago, Sianli said:

All of the rooms will work! I agree that if you make the queen I to 2 twins it will feel roomier. Plenty of room under bed for bags. But with 3 of you bring extra hangars---so handy to hang clothes but not enough hangers. We bring a collapsible laundry hamper to place in bottom of closet.

Collapsible laundry hamper. Never heard of that but it sounds like a great suggestion.Bed Bath and Beyond probably sells that?  I might bring the extra hangers rather than trust that the stateroom attendant will have them. Budget cruisers in the cheapest room on the ship might be a low prioirity LOL

Edited by SSBrickNJ

4 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

The 7th deck room we discussed is still available.

It has 126 square feet.....which is only 9 more square feet than the inner stateroom I have booked.

I think the attraction of this room is that you have that extra space for the single bed instead of having to use the pull down. Or you could use the pull down and put extra 'stuff' on the bed. In a room that size, any extra space is appreciated.

4 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I might bring the extra hangers rather than trust that the stateroom attendant will have them. Budget cruisers in the cheapest room on the ship might be a low prioirity LOL

Your tips are the same as any other non-suite cabin. 

1 hour ago, traveling1969 said:

We recommend that if you stick with an interior that you ask for the bed to be made into twins. This will be much more convenient and will make the room seem bigger. It's much better for sitting, changing or what have you. It would be doable for us. Bon Voyage!

Agree, had beds separated in past sailings, with Pullmans was set up like 2 bunk beds. Makes for more walking room and if got a Window can look out it without climbing on bed.

2 hours ago, traveling1969 said:

We recommend that if you stick with an interior that you ask for the bed to be made into twins. This will be much more convenient and will make the room seem bigger. It's much better for sitting, changing or what have you. It would be doable for us. Bon Voyage!

We were told by our cabin steward (last month) that the beds could not be pushed together if you were using the Pullman beds. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but it is what we were told. There was a safe. However, we found there to be very little storage space. We fit our suitcases under the beds, but there were very few drawers, and the closets were set up so that it was difficult to hang anything long. There were only three of us (one of them my 8yo daughter) and I thought it was cramped.

I know you might call me crazy but cabin #8164 is available now, call and change to that, won't cost you anything. It's always better to have cabins above and below you incase of noise factors..........Don't worry about calling Crown and Anchor again, you will surely get a different agent.  For some reason too on my deck plan #8164 looks a little bigger then the one on deck 7.

Also no need to  say thanks, that is what people do on this site. Experienced cruisers help others. :)

Edited by Jimbo

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I know you might call me crazy but cabin #8164 is available now, call and change to that, won't cost you anything. It's always better to have cabins above and below you incase of noise factors..........Don't worry about calling Crown and Anchor again, you will surely get a different agent.  For some reason too on my deck plan #8164 looks a little bigger then the one on deck 7.

Also no need to  say thanks, that is what people do on this site. Experienced cruisers help others. :)

My wife would call ME crazy if I did that. 

She is glad to talk about and focus on something else. She's happy with what we chose. So if it's not broken....don't fix it LOL. A happy wife means a happy life.

Stateroom 7164 has another stateroom just like it....above it.

Since guests just like me are above me I already consider my new and current 7164 to be a quiet room.

I'm done and ready to do something else than Cruise preparation as well 😉😊

Edited by SSBrickNJ

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Oh....I read your post again.....The room you suggest IS the room above mine!

So.....what is BELOW #7164 that I have? @Jimbo

....and....

What is ABOVE #8164 that you suggest?

Edited by SSBrickNJ

5 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Oh....I read your post again.....The room you suggest IS the room above mine!

So.....what is BELOW #7164 that I have? @Jimbo

....and....

What is ABOVE #8164 that you suggest?

Not quite sure what is below the deck 7 cabin, it's a blank space, could be a kitchen or something...............but we know for sure what is above and below the deck 8 cabin.........cabins above and below . I would have told you to pick the deck 8 cabin earlier but it wasn't showing as available then, but it is now. ALWAYS better to have cabins above and below you if you have a choice. Which you do now.

Edited by Jimbo

Just now, Jimbo said:

Not quite sure what is below the deck 7 cabin, it's a blank space, could be a kitchen or something...............but we know what is above and below the deck 8 cabin.........cabins above and below .

When I look on the Deck Plan of my ship provided by Cruise Critic it looks like the ARCADE is below my room.

I'm gonna call them and switch to 8164 if your no additional cost is correct

1 minute ago, SSBrickNJ said:

When I look on the Deck Plan of my ship provided by Cruise Critic it looks like the ARCADE is below my room.

I'm gonna call them and switch to 8164 if your no additional cost is correct

Correct, no extra $$$, same category and keep same reservation#.

Edited by Jimbo

Already done @Jimbo

Talking to you here and making the call just took 10 minutes.

That WAS ten minutes that I really am glad I invested.

Now....because you taught me......now I have a stateroom BELOW me as well as a stateroom above me.

Naturally you gave the great advice and it did not cost me a single penny to change to deck 8

What a great day this has been! :classic_smile:

Edited by SSBrickNJ

5 minutes ago, marci22 said:

And 9664 is gone now. A lurker probably liked that alcove.

Wasn't me.........I wouldn't pick that one because the entrance going into the cabin is narrower.........rather the cabin be wider all the way in. Alcove doesn't make  it seem larger to me then the other ones I picked.