Three ships, beach question.

rcprncss

If you are looking to go to the same places with facilities that every other cruise ship visitor wants, then yes, it's going to be crowded.  However, if you are willing to do things like picking up some food and drink at a supermarket, and throwing down your towel on the beach and enjoying the calm, then no, it doesn't have to be - you can go to Cemetery Beach or Governor's Beach and be on that dreamy Caribbean beach that many dream about and only have a handful of people there.  

I will go to those locations far more often than the beach clubs with facilities.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing that Smith Cove has over Cemetery or Governors is a washroom and an outdoor shower and some picnic tables.  There are no beach chairs, umbrellas, food or drink there, but if no frills is ok, then I agree it's also a good option.

You won't need an umbrella at any of these locations - the trees there provide ample natural shade.  But if beach chairs are a need then none of them are going to fit, sorry.

40 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

For comparison, on January 8th there will be 6 ships in port, with potentially 16,000 visitors. I'm one of them lol, not sure what to expect. That seems like a lot. Last time I was there it was a tender port.

Ha, I just discovered it is still a tender port!