How Full is My Ship?

2cmu92

I also imagine that many who are "invited" to receive these last minute bookings have their acts together with passports, Global Entry, etc.  These trips aren't their first rodeo. We mere mortals don't receive these invites...😁

Edited by Markanddonna

22 hours ago, 2cmu92 said:

Is there any way I can tell how full our cruise will be?   We are about 30 days out - so I know it could change.  We usually cruise during busy vacation times but now are empty nesters and looking forward to an off season cruise. 

17 hours ago, biker@sea said:

NCL ships run from 100% full = 2 passengers per cabin.

Up to 120% full with 3 and 4 per cabin.

2cmu92, I wish I could answer your question definitatively because sailing on a less populated ship is very pleasant. You are likely to find exceptions to biker@sea's NCL rule if you book a repositioning cruise. We were on a transatlantic a couple of years ago that was "a little more than half full" according to the Captain. Everyone on board was in a good mood for 14+ days......Officers, crew, passengers. Maybe the stockholders weren't as happy?!

5 hours ago, buddylover said:

I do believe now with Homeland Security restrictions and requiring ship manifests, you can no longer just walk on less than 10 days to 2 weeks before departure when Homeland Security needs to know the travellers??  Used to be that you could show up at the port the "day of" and get available rooms for very inexpensive to fill the ship (my in laws used to do that all the time) - but not any longer.  Even Thursday before departure (assuming it was a weekend departure) seems unlikely in today's world??

I booked 9 days ahead of a January  sail this year.  No problems at all.

On 9/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, 2cmu92 said:

Is there any way I can tell how full our cruise will be?   We are about 30 days out - so I know it could change.  We usually cruise during busy vacation times but now are empty nesters and looking forward to an off season cruise. 

Instead of teh ship sailing at 108% - 110 % of double occupancy expect it to be around 100% of double occupancy. You will not find it to be much different than sailing during busy season other than the number of children will be less, though that is not as true as it used to be as more and more school systems go to year round schools.

I love sailing in off-times, October cruises are great. Past the peak month of hurricane season, and parents generally not pulling their children out of school for vacations yet. Last year on the Breakaway we were well under 50 children on the sailing, most were under school age and then there was a very large German group sailing with the children.