Silhouette Port Changes

NAYRB

I was just notified that the Silhouette cruises on November 22nd, December 1st and December 13th are changing some of their ports from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami.  See the info received below.

Dear Valued Travel Partner,

We look forward to welcoming your clients aboard Celebrity Silhouette® for our  Southern Caribbean Cruises departing from Ft. Lauderdale on November 22nd,  December 1st and December 13th 2019.  But first, we have some important information we would like you to share. 

Due to a port scheduling error, the Celebrity Silhouette will now need to facilitate guest embarkation/debarkation in Miami (PortMiami,) not Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades,) on Sunday, December 1st and Friday, December 13th  Our port of embarkation, on November 22nd, in Fort Lauderdale will remain the same. 

51 minutes ago, NAYRB said:

I wish I had known that, I just booked my flight on Friday.  Oh well!

FLL and MIA are so close together won't make a huge difference. Also I usually book going into FLL anyway since it's usually cheaper. This happened to me March 2017 and it really wasn't a big deal. For some you'd have thought it was the end of the world. We just booked a hotel in Miami and took an Uber. On disembarkement had a hotel in FLL and Uber back there. 

Some people let it effect their attitude (especially since embarktion wasn't until 2:30) but we made the best of it. Had a snafu with our hotel a week before but didn't let it upset us. Got the Four Seasons for the same price. Bonus was the Detroit Pistons were staying at the hotel for the night so my nieces got their pictures taken with Blake Griffin and the entire team was by the pool all morning. 

If you choose to let it impact you negatively that's your choice. I choose to look at the fact that I'm on vacation and not in snow and cold and just have a positive attitude.

I think people are just frustrated that for some of us, the only way we found out about this was here on Cruise Critic.  I haven't heard anything from Celebrity or my TA.  In fact I finally emailed my TA yesterday about it.  We got the heads up here 13 days ago only because we read Cruise Critic.