Wheel Chairs at Port Everglades

flparalegal

According to this Cruise Critic article (https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1857), Port Everglades "does not keep wheelchairs on hand; contact your cruise line ahead of time to let them know if you'll need a wheelchair for embarkation."  I haven't sailed out of terminal 25 but in every one I've sailed out of the cruise line always has wheelchairs to provide assistance embarking the ship so just check your line's website for the number to call.  If your husband will need one on the ship, I think that most lines require you to rent one (it's in your cabin when you arrive and you leave it there when you leave).  Recommendations for rental companies can be found on the Disabled Cruise Travel board:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/114-disabled-cruise-travel/.

My experience is on HAL at Terminal 26.

My traveling companion required a wheelchair to embark the Nieuw Amsterdam.  One was available after we had checked-in.  She was able to walk the fairly short distance from where I left her off at the entrance to the terminal through initial document checking by the ground staff, security, and to the check-in area.  Once checked in, we had a short walk to a seating area where a Steward from the ship arrived with a wheelchair to take her aboard and to our stateroom.  (I did need to be pro-active, however, in finding out where the proper seating area was in the Terminal for wheelchair assist and having the Agent in charge of that area contact the ship and inform them that a guest was waiting to embark.  The check-in Agent did not know and referred me to another Agent at the opposite end of the check-in counter.)