After 15 Drinks on Cheers, what's next?

Don Kehote

On 9/12/2019 at 6:18 PM, RHilla619 said:

Once you hit drink 14 from then on tell the bartender "you are buying a drink for a friend and to charge your card for it". Same idea as above

This doesn't always work.  I tried it on the Ecstasy in June and she asked for my friend's card.  

On 9/12/2019 at 7:10 PM, James4me said:

Make friends with someone not on Cheers, if you get cut at 15 have cash handy and pay them in cash to order drinks on your behalf

This DOES work 😉  I have also had luck buying a bucket early as others have mentioned.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:18 PM, RHilla619 said:

Check lido buffet to see if they have the "pour your own beer station", not all ships have it though. Won't count as one of your 15 drinks, and the price at the station is $2-3 cheaper than the bar price.

Also does NOT work, at least not on Ecstasy.  I purposely got a beer from the pour your own on embarkation day because I knew I would hit 15 - and it did not charge me $, and it counted towards my CHEERS.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:34 PM, GranysT said:

That's 15 drinks max, per day, right?   What's Next?  My head on hopefully "my pillow".  Liquid wise, I couldn't even hold that many drinks.  Liquor wise, I couldn't hold even half that many.  Whew!!

It is 15 max alcoholic drinks per day.  It's really not a lot if you are drinking all day, in particular on a sea day.  It's a drink an hour.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:53 PM, Boxerjim said:

On my most recent cruise, they refused to sell you buckets, buy drinks for others, buy drinks for yourself, etc.  Carnival has struck down on this hard, for some unknown reason.  They profit in the long run, but alas, that is why Norwegian's drinks package kicks their ass.  Bring on a rum runner, add liquor to your drinks that way.  Utilize the wine you bring onboard, or order a bottle at dinner.  But the other PAYING workarounds are disappearing fast.  Probably a matter of time before they shut you COMPLETELY off of ANY beverages, alcohol or not, when you hit 15.

You can pre-order buckets of beer in the Fun Shops before you board, and have delivered to your room on a specified day.  I called Carnival before I did this and enquired about CHEERS.  I asked if I could order the bucket with CHEERS, and what happens if I hit 15 on CHEERS, but I still have that bucket in my room?  She said the beers delivered to your room, either from the Fun Shop online or room service, are "room beers" to be enjoyed in your room and not on the decks of the ship.  It should be noted, however, that you cannot order a bucket from room service AFTER you have hit 15.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2019 at 4:31 PM, sanger727 said:

The purpose is so that you don't walk by a bar every few minutes, grab an unopened beer and/or soda and start stockpiling them. People do this trick to take their stock piles into port or off the ship with them at the end (if they drive home). It's all you can drink on the ship (up to 15); not all you can stockpile and keep for later.

I took a beer home with me.  I ordered a bucket to my room pre-cruise, and I didn't drink one of them.  I just stuck it in my luggage when I left.  The customs guy asked me if I had anything to declare and I told him it was in there. No problems.  

2 hours ago, dlphn501 said:

It is 15 max alcoholic drinks per day.  It's really not a lot if you are drinking all day, in particular on a sea day.  It's a drink an hour.

You can't say you drank all day if you don't start in the morning

• Like 2
  • Haha 1