Can we/should we change our reservaton on POA?

missjanet

We are booked on the November 2nd sailing of POA - I had reserved a Sail Away Balcony rate of $2049 which didn't include any of the "free at sea" items. We were assigned a balcony cabin on Deck 8.

Today the lowest balcony rate that's not Sail Away is $1999 for what I think is a GTY & which says you will get a cabin on Deck 7 category BF. This rate incudes 4 Free at Sea items. Even with the gratuities for the freebies of $316.80, it seems as this might be a good deal. The cost is very close to what we have already paid NCL.

Would NCL let me make such a change to our booking? If so, is it worth doing this since we'd be giving up a cabin on Deck 8 which seems quiet while the BF Deck 7 cabin would be underneath the Mardi Gras Cabaret Lounge? I have no idea how noisy the club could get & we aren't up late as a rule.

We already have reservations for Cagney's and La Cucina. If we did get the Free at Sea promotion, would we be able to keep our dinner dates as part of our free specialty dining? It wasn't easy to get those reservations.

I appreciate any advice or info you could give us. I know I could call NCL & ask about this, but I'd like to hear from cruisers who might have done something like this - was it a good idea or not? Thanks so much!

3 hours ago, missjanet said:

If so, is it worth doing this since we'd be giving up a cabin on Deck 8 which seems quiet while the BF Deck 7 cabin would be underneath the Mardi Gras Cabaret Lounge? I have no idea how noisy the club could get & we aren't up late as a rule.

In looking at the POA deck plans, deck 7 is above what appears to be quite a few public spaces.  As a standard rule (which hopefully someone like us will tell you rather than you learning by experience), you DO NOT take a cabin above or below the pool or above/below any entertainment venues.  They are usually noisy and not worth the risk.  You need a one deck buffer of cabins between you and the public areas.  This is strictly our findings though, and "YMMV".

3 hours ago, missjanet said:

That was my concern, too - we now have a cabin on deck 8 which is between 2 decks of cabins only. The BF category is deck 7 and is over a nightclub. It seems very chancy even if NCL would let us do it. Thanks for your input.

You can still ask, see if they can assign you a specific cabin, and decide then.  Not every one is bad.

I'd just leave it alone and stay with what you have and stop looking at prices.  The risk of getting a bad (noisy) cabin isn't worth the small financial reward in my opinion.  Now, if it was half the price instead of $50 then that would be whole different kettle of fish. 

I would not want to be over a club either, too noisy...You still might want to call, maybe they will do something for you although from what I hear and have had, NCL doesn't do much. We called about a price change, and they gave us a $10 obc, wow, not, better than nothing, but really.