Halloween Costume Contest

mama_2_boys

2 years ago we were on a Halloween cruise on the Dream out of NOLA. I didn't expect so many to really get into it. Every night it was like a parade of costumes. Some were truly great, and very professional. I think the big winner of the contest was a little girl in a wheelchair that had decorated it up like a pumpkin coach and she was Cinderella.

I love Halloween cruises, but I don't see myself packing detailed costumes like many did.

• Like 1

We also cruised out of NOLA one year at Halloween.  Amazing costumes:  a group of Flintstones characters, a green Army man (very, very clever!), entire cast of the Wizard of Oz, Batman, Robin, Poison Ivy, etc.

While I do not recall what the "big" prizes were, those who did not place did (I remember this clearly) win "free ice cream for the rest of the cruise."    That made me - and every kid who knows that it is always free - laugh.

Edited by Out of Iowa
ship not named

We cruised a few years ago during Halloween.  This was before Carnival starting celebrating Halloween the whole month of October.

As others said, the costumes are amazing.  That's Princess Fiona in back of Shaggy & Velma.  Princess Fiona & Shrek were a real couple.

Btw, none of these are me. 😊

Picture 062.jpg

Picture 063.jpg

Picture 061.jpg

Picture 058.jpg

IMG_2318.JPG

15 hours ago, wms99 said:

2 years ago we were on a Halloween cruise on the Dream out of NOLA. I didn't expect so many to really get into it. Every night it was like a parade of costumes. Some were truly great, and very professional. I think the big winner of the contest was a little girl in a wheelchair that had decorated it up like a pumpkin coach and she was Cinderella.

I love Halloween cruises, but I don't see myself packing detailed costumes like many did.

What prize did she win?

As a point of reference, for the Ugly Christmas Sweater contest, the young winners get a bag of candy and chocolate. The adult winners get a cheap bottle of champagne. We asked if we could trade our bottle for candy, but the CD couldn't make it happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kings queen said:

If we are cruising 10/26 to 10/31, should we expect Halloween festivities? It would be fun to dress up! 

It looks like they have cool events the whole month:

https://www.carnival.com/awaywego/cruising-fun/what-to-expect/what-to-expect-during-a-halloween-cruise-with-carnival

• Like 1