Princess Gift Cards for Pre-Cruise Purchases

joepeka

We've never used Princess GC's previously but since the AARP program for discounted cards is ending next week, we're thinking of purchasing some. I've searched this board for an answer to this question and I "think" I know but need some confirmation. If you want to used the GC's for pre-cruise purchases (beverage package, excursions, gratuities, internet, etc.) do you (or your TA) have to call Princess to make that happen? There doesn't appear to be any way via the Princess web site to use the GC's for those purchases (credit card or PayPal only) so am I correct in assuming those pre-cruise type purchases with gift cards can only be made via telephone?

Edited by joepeka

7 minutes ago, Id rather be diving said:

That’s correct.  No way to do it online.  Also, be sure to keep the electronic gift card in case you have to cancel for some reason.  It will be refunded to the original card.

Thank you for confirming. It's a shame it is that way since other cruise lines (I won't name the one I'm thinking of) makes it really easy to use GC's for pre-cruise purchases online. Oh well.... :classic_sad:

Edited by joepeka