Cancelled Excursion?

nbrgirl

One of my excursions that I booked a few weeks ago for our cruise next month is no longer showing in my cruise planner nor as an available excursion. Is it possible that they cancelled it? I don't see a refund on my credit card either. This hasn't happened to us before so not sure what to think. I've emailed Carnival, waiting for a reply. Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else? TIA

has happened to me before - but never got a straight answer from carnival from emailing or calling carnival.  All they would tell me was they weren't sure - I could cancel and get refunded then, or wait and see what happens.  Once we got on board, I checked with the excursion desk to find out it was cancelled - they refunded us and we booked a new excursion!

10 minutes ago, cork156 said:

has happened to me before - but never got a straight answer from carnival from emailing or calling carnival.  All they would tell me was they weren't sure - I could cancel and get refunded then, or wait and see what happens.  Once we got on board, I checked with the excursion desk to find out it was cancelled - they refunded us and we booked a new excursion!

I would think they should notify us ahead of time and give us the option to book something else. Options are limited once on board. I'll have my TA call them I guess. Thanks! 

Several people have reported this same issue here on Cruise Critic and on a FB page I'm a member of- in each case that they reported, it was that the excursion was canceled and Carnival never proactively notified them. It was only by their digging that they found out about the cancelation... otherwise the presumption is they would have been notified onboard- I would hope!

10 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

This happened to me recently for my upcoming 11/30 cruise on the Vista. So I just cancelled the excursion myself and booked something else. I didn’t want to wait to find out it was cancelled when we got onboard. 

Were you able to do that online or did you have to call? It's not showing up anywhere that I see to even cancel it. The other excursion that I purchased at the same time is there but that's it.

2 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Several people have reported this same issue here on Cruise Critic and on a FB page I'm a member of- in each case that they reported, it was that the excursion was canceled and Carnival never proactively notified them. It was only by their digging that they found out about the cancelation... otherwise the presumption is they would have been notified onboard- I would hope!

Well I'm not impressed with that at all! They need to at least notify us, good thing I pay close attention. Thanks for the info!

2 minutes ago, nbrgirl said:

Well I'm not impressed with that at all! They need to at least notify us, good thing I pay close attention. Thanks for the info!

I know, right? 

I could understand if this was an isolated instance, but at least 6 people on different ships, different excursions, have posted about having excursions canceled without being notified! If this happened to me I'd be really ticked off!

3 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I know, right? 

I could understand if this was an isolated instance, but at least 6 people on different ships, different excursions, have posted about having excursions canceled without being notified! If this happened to me I'd be really ticked off!

Yeah, it's really frustrating. My expectation is notification and a refund now, not in a month when I board. I want the opportunity to rebook before all the good excursions sell out. I did book this cruise through my TA so I think I'll let her sort it out!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nbrgirl said:

I would think they should notify us ahead of time and give us the option to book something else. Options are limited once on board. I'll have my TA call them I guess. Thanks! 

I got an email a few days ago that one of our excursions for our upcoming cruise in February was cancelled, then yesterday I get a FedEx package with the gift cards for the amount paid for the excursion...they were purchased with gift cards.  I would certainly give them a call (or have your TA call)!

13 hours ago, nbrgirl said:

Were you able to do that online or did you have to call? It's not showing up anywhere that I see to even cancel it. The other excursion that I purchased at the same time is there but that's it.

In my case the excursion was still showing up under my purchases in my Cruise Manager, so I was able to easily cancel it online.