New to NCL, price drop ??

lktomkies

Hello!  We booked 9 night Caribbean on Getaway, 12/13/19 out of New Orleans, back in January.  Booked a mid ship balcony, got free air, drink package, specialty dining, pre-paid gratuities, etc.  At that time, we paid $4096, total, for two of us.  I was happy with the price, given all the perks.

Of course, I forgot to check price before final payment.  I just checked yesterday, and total for two, same category, same perks, is $2741, a difference of nearly $1400.   We are 85 days out, so cancellation fee is 50%.  I could practically cancel, rebook, and still come out ahead.  Of course, I'd rather not go through all that hassle.

Any suggestions on what to do?  Do they ever offer obc in this situation?  I'm getting ready to call them,  just thought I'd check here first to see if anyone has encountered a similar situation on NCL.

TIA!    Linda

Typically, once you are past final payment date its difficult.   But you may be able to get some on board credit if you are lucky.  Doesn't hurt to try... Just be respectful and not contentious and you may get some good results 🙂

Edited by cliffd64

When the price dropped for our 7 day Escape Bermuda cruise, and I called our NCL rep, we were offered 25% of the difference in OBC, or an upgrade.  We chose the upgrade.  We went from BF balcony to MC mid ship mini suite.  We were put in an MA mini suite, but didn't want to be under the pool deck/garden cafe - so we asked to be downgraded (ROFL) to a lower deck that is below and above other cabins.  It can't hurt to ask - and be gracious with whatever they offer.  The price could have gone up instead of down, and they wouldn't make you pay the difference 🙂