best way to get to brooklyn port from CT

buzz2400

I have to pick up my son at the brooklyn port (he was supposed to be at the manhattan but they changed it).  I have been to manhattan and there is no problem getting there by taking Route 9A.  He said that they had trouble getting to the port.  Is there a good way to get to the brooklyn port from CT.  I have to pick him up sunday morning.

If he can roll his luggage, you can have him take the MTA ferry for about $3 from the Brooklyn Cruiseport to Pier 11 Wall St, which you can get to by driving down the Henry Hudson and the West side or from the FDR Drive on the east side.

• Like 1

OP,  don't know where you are coming in from CT ... but, on a typical early Sunday morning, traffic will be relatively light on I-95 or Merritt/HRP heading south (and, no upcoming weekend constructions/closure that I can see on State DOT)  Waze or Google Map (I run/use both w. Android Auto in-dash w. voice Nav) ... from Stamford, I-95 or HRP to the Rt. 9A down the old WSH to HC Tunnel to Red Hook will result in an extra toll (2X if using the same going back) and possibly slower - as indicated on the App.  

Unless shown otherwise before getting into "D" mode in the morning, I would come down straight on Merritt or I-95 South & get on the HRP at the cityline, go over the Bronx-Queens Whitestone Bridge on I-678S to I-278W (passing LGA) over to Brooklyn, Exit 27 for Columbia Street to Pier 12.  Only 1 EZ-Pass / Cashless toll over the BQW Bridge and no traffic lights to deal with, unless coming down the West Side Hwy, until you get into the Red Hook neighborhood.  If you opted to use HC Tunnel, be sure to keep right heading into Brooklyn under the East River & take that first exit for Red Hook, and go around & navigate back to the cruise terminal via local streets ... and, that there is one red-light camera on Hamilton Avenue.  

The bottleneck at the Kosicisco Bridge (I-278 at the LIE) over the Newtown Creek has been completed, months ahead of schedule and all the spans opened to speed traffic, up to 5 wide lanes ... we're on it and it's a world of difference that's finally "fixed" after decades of traffic jams (sometimes at midnight due to closure & emergency repairs.)