Port of Miami

lakelorain

1 hour ago, lakelorain said:

I have a lot of time to kill so I thought I'd walk if it's possible.  I only have one wheeled suitcase so that isn't a problem.  Thanks for your replies.  

Unless they've opened a sidewalk at terminal B to allow a straight path by the time you arrive, your walk will be closer to 1.5 miles from door to door if you need to walk around the construction. I just checked my GPS mileage from my last drive at the Port. 

5 minutes ago, SteerageJoe said:

Unless they've opened a sidewalk at terminal B to allow a straight path by the time you arrive, your walk will be closer to 1.5 miles from door to door if you need to walk around the construction. I just checked my GPS mileage from my last drive at the Port. 

Thanks for the update.  I don't mind the walk if it is nice weather.  I may have to reconsider my plans.

9 minutes ago, IceChick said:

If possible, can you please report back on how it went when you return.  We are considering doing the same thing in January and my mother, who is 73, is coming.  She is pretty spry but may not be up to leaping over barriers hauling luggage.

If I do it, I will definitely report back.  If it's too hot or rainy, I'll grab a taxi.  Some others I know are taking a taxi.

3 minutes ago, lakelorain said:

If I do it, I will definitely report back.  If it's too hot or rainy, I'll grab a taxi.  Some others I know are taking a taxi.

Thanks!  I had read somewhere that taxi's were not keen to do this so I was looking for other options in case.  The quote below is from a previous post regarding transport between terminals, might try that too.

"There is a free shuttle you can use...it's an unmarked white coach with a sign in the window "Complimentary to Parking Garages". We had checked with the ladies who are organizing the taxis in front of the Celebrity terminal and one of them  called the coach driver to stop for us....it's free but we gave the driver a nice tip for taking us to Terminal B"

Another cruise critic member has used a taxi.  Her advice is to put your luggage in the taxi and get in it before you tell the driver where you want to go.

I know there used to be a shuttle but I don't know if it still runs.  The trolley only goes to the last few terminals.

• 1 month later...

Reporting back.  At this time you can't walk because of the construction of the new NCL terminal.  Sidewalk is closed in that area.  Once it is done, if you don't mind a long walk, it is an option.  

We took a taxi.  $20 flat rate.  It was raining so it was well worth it.