Roll Call Group Lunch?

zelker

It's been years since I've arranged or even attended one so wondering if it's still possible to arrange a roll call group lunch in the MDR on a sea day?  If so, would I call the ship special event coordinator to set it up?  Thanks.

31 minutes ago, zelker said:

It's been years since I've arranged or even attended one so wondering if it's still possible to arrange a roll call group lunch in the MDR on a sea day?  If so, would I call the ship special event coordinator to set it up?  Thanks.

Yes, you do call them.

If you have more than x number of people (25 at the time I did one), then it is a fixed menu (and wasn’t thrilling) and no one gets their mariner discounts as you are responsible.

I simply asked them to reserve for 24 people with tables of 4 and 6 and told them I would contact the PG manager on embarkation day with the names to be charged (and I did). It is helpful if you have cabin numbers of those participating and their full names for the PG manager.

We were on a Vista ship and even though we kept it at 24, the PG manager wanted a restricted menu for volume purposes but was willing to discuss what it would be with me 

I confirmed with the group at the Meet and Greet and we were all set.

13 minutes ago, kazu said:

Yes, you do call them.

If you have more than x number of people (25 at the time I did one), then it is a fixed menu (and wasn’t thrilling) and no one gets their mariner discounts as you are responsible.

I simply asked them to reserve for 24 people with tables of 4 and 6 and told them I would contact the PG manager on embarkation day with the names to be charged (and I did). It is helpful if you have cabin numbers of those participating and their full names for the PG manager.

We were on a Vista ship and even though we kept it at 24, the PG manager wanted a restricted menu for volume purposes but was willing to discuss what it would be with me 

I confirmed with the group at the Meet and Greet and we were all set.

Thanks, Kazu but I'm specifically wanting to arrange lunch in the main dining room, not the PG, so no cost involved other than perhaps beverages.  Assuming they still allow a large group to do that, I just gave them a headcount and they reserved an area for us and we could order off the regular menu.

PS - but thanks for the good info re small group lunch in the PG - didn't know they would only do a fixed menu.

Edited by zelker

3 minutes ago, zelker said:

Thanks, Kazu but I'm specifically wanting to arrange lunch in the main dining room, not the PG, so no cost involved other than perhaps beverages.  Assuming they still allow a large group to do that, I just gave them a headcount and they reserved an area for us and we could order off the regular menu.

PS - but thanks for the good info re small group lunch in the PG - didn't know they would only do a fixed menu.

Oops, sorry, I missed the MDR.  Apologies.

I’m not sure if they still do it or not, but certainly call the ship event co-ordination for the ship and they will reach out to the ship.

Our roll call preferred the PG which is why we did it and I didn’t try the MDR at the time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Our roll call preferred the PG which is why we did it and I didn’t try the MDR at the time.

This is on the Noordam's upcoming Collector from Vancouver to Auckland so lots of sea days and close to 150 people on the roll call.  Of course not everyone would attend but even if half wanted to, there's no way we could fit into the PG.  (I do love those PG lunches though)