JNJ tour want to join?

brnsofia

just booked a JNJ tour for 50$ each for a day of touring. anyone want to join us for the tour? we are booked to be there on DEC 8, 2019. here is the email

The tour will consist of the-:
Annandale Waterfall 
Spice Shop(You will get a first hand demonstration of all the spices)
Grand etang Rain Forest/National Park/Volcano Lake 
Ft. Frederick 
Grand anse beach (I will wait for you at the beach and return you to the ship when you are ready)

The cost of this tour is $50 per person and this includes all admission fees and ice cold beverages 
You can pay in the form of cash at the end of your tour 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Following up to the above ... I just booked this tour for Dec. 8th.  Researched it, found the reviews to be good ... the photos look good ... the price is right ... but the real reason I'm writing this is to say how good the response from the tour operator (Stan Grainger) has been.  Answered all my questions, quick to reply to my e-mails ... very impressive. This will be our first time to Grenada & I'm looking forward to this tour

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/22/2019 at 4:55 PM, brnsofia said:

just booked a JNJ tour for 50$ each for a day of touring. anyone want to join us for the tour? we are booked to be there on DEC 8, 2019. here is the email

On 10/18/2019 at 12:31 PM, MKellyUtah said:

Following up to the above ... I just booked this tour for Dec. 8th.  Researched it, found the reviews to be good ... the photos look good ... the price is right ... but the real reason I'm writing this is to say how good the response from the tour operator (Stan Grainger) has been.  Answered all my questions, quick to reply to my e-mails ... very impressive. This will be our first time to Grenada & I'm looking forward to this tour

Brnsofia and Mkelly just wondering how this tour went? We have this booked 3/5. How many people in your tour group? Did Stan do the tour himself? Did you like the island?

thanks

Trish

Brnsofia and Mkelly just wondering how this tour went? We have this booked 3/5. How many people in your tour group? Did Stan do the tour himself? Did you like the island?

thanks

Trish

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO UDAMOM:

The short version: this was a good tour ... well worth the $$$ ... and I would recommend it.

The longer version: As background ... we (Wife & I) are a couple in our late 60's, have been on about 15 cruises ... this was our first time to Grenada.  We were there Sun., Dec 8, 2019, off the Celebrity Silhouette.  Getting off the ship, we walked to our designated meeting area inside the building at the end of the pier where we met Stan.  We were on time, he was on time --- some other people weren't on time, but it all worked out.  There were two tour vans/mini-buses --- one group that had requested only Stan be their guide, the other group (including us) that were happy with whoever our guide/driver turned out to be.  Our group ended up being 6 people (3 couples, none of whom knew one another before the tour) and Desmond was the guide / driver.  Our transportation was a very clean, roomy van (plenty of head room & leg room).  Desmond was excellent:  easy to understand, very good at answering questions (but seemed to often anticipate our questions before we asked), and exuded a love for his island as many of the locals we came into contact did.  On the tour, we went to a waterfall ... a national park ... a fort ... and to a little roadside place where we got a very educational & interesting look at the local spices, how they were used in cooking & food, and how they were grown.  We also were able to smell and taste the spices if we wished.  The small building where this was done was very clean, the ladies doing the demonstration & explanations were very friendly & patient with our questions.  They had different selections & combinations of spices there for sale, all wrapped and available to take back with us to the ship, but there was no pressure to buy.  (They even suggested to us where to buy the spices back at the pier building if we decided not to purchase from them).  At no time on the tour did we feel that we were being taken to a stop where we were just there to buy something.  At each point of interest, we were given adequate time to see what we wanted at our own pace, and when all of us on the tour gathered again --- off we went. Everyone was very considerate of one another.  At the end of the tour, we were given the option to go back to the ship, or to go to Grand Anse beach for a couple of hours.  One couple in our group wanted to immediately return to the ship, so we and the other couple were dropped off at the beach for 2 hours ... and set up a time for Desmond to come back and get us.  He was there waiting at the designated time, but the other couple wanted to stay another hour ... so Desmond called Stan Grainger and made arrangements for them to be picked up later while Desmond took us back to the ship (maybe a 10 minute ride).  We wewre back at the ship by 2:45pm.  Our price for the tour was $50 per person + tip (they prefer/require cash).  As stated before, we thought it was a well-run, worthwhile tour & was worth the money.

We are on a cruise this November that stops in Grenada.  We probably will do something different now that we've seen some of the island (maybe a calmer, less hectic beach --- Grand Anse is beautiful, especially when you're in the water, but a bit chaotic when you're lounging on the beach ... lots of bar/restaurant servers trying to drum up business and vendors milling around the day we were there).  But JNJ Tours lived up to their billing & delivered what they said they would.  I think you (Trish) will have a great time & enjoy the truly friendly people of Grenada.   I hope that helps! 

Edited by MKellyUtah
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...