Do I have a right to be angry?

jerseygirl3

I can tell you that we have stayed in 9038 on Infinity and had a lovely square oversized balcony. The overhang will provide shade depending on time of day and direction of the ship. You should still be able to enjoy some lovely balcony time.

And if there was no fire, either your TA is lying or perhaps Celebrity sold the suite attached to 6135 and they wanted that room as well. That's possible as well.

Good luck and enjoy. (Also, the Aquaspa has great loungers and peaceful music - a great place to lounge for DH)

. Well, my guess is whoever was in the cabin I've been switched to was upgraded. I don't know this for a fact, but how else did they suddenly come up with a cabin that was previously unavailable?

Or maybe the occupants of your new cabin canceled their room?

We once lost a cabin we booked months in advance because the TA messed up in sending our final payment to X. We only discovered this when out documents were very late in arriving and I was persistent in calling both the TA and X to find out where they were. Our original cabin was sold to someone else but we ended up with the same cat cabin but in a less desirable location. The fault was with the TA, not X and the TA provided a ship credit for us to make up for their mistake. I would advise you to continue to press the issue with both the TA and X but have a great time dispite this switch.

I'd be hoppin' mad to lose this cabin. It is a first choice cabin for many, many cruisers. OK by me their story about a fire, fine, ok, good. Now maybe the walls burned and they can't fix them, ok, good, fine got it. You have got their issues and concerns down, how 'bout they get yours down too since this is not an ordinary cabin?

Decide what it is that you want. Be reasonable, yet expect a like exchange, particulary for this cabin class and size of balcony. If you can't get a similar cabin with the perks, upgraded cabin included, then I'd expect a fair exchange for a more ordinary cabin. The cruiseline does know people select cruises based on cabin assignments. You would not be so unusual to point this out about yourself if you have to. Let's hope ypu don't have to. Good Luck, and sorry to hear you have to go through this last minute.....

My goodness, when I posted about Celebrity taking us out of Cabin 6135 due to a fire, I never anticipated this many responses. The suggestions have been interesting (some a little "out there", but interesting nonetheless!).

First of all, I know my TA is not lying. He has organized this cruise and will be on this cruise himself. He would never do anything like this, as I have been dealing with him for many years and he's just not that kind of guy. And he knows I know how to find him on the ship if he did!!!LOL

Anyway, perhaps Celebrity is lying to him. But he's a pretty savvy TA, and I don't think they'd get this one over on him.

Apparenty the fire just occurred yesterday (the same day Celebrity notified him), which would have been Monday, January 30. Therefore, on January 29, there would have been no problems as one poster already mentioned.

He really went to bat for us. Two days of phone calls and emails to Celebrity. They could not upgrade us, as the only cabins available are oceanviews and insides. But Celebrity did make good with a shipboard credit (nothing to write home about, but it'll pay for a few extra umbrella drinks).

You guys are too funny about calling room 6135 and hanging up. My husband, who is not usually a suspicious person, recommended the very same thing. Actually, someone else suggested we hang out at the pier and find out who occupied that cabin and caused the fire and beat the heck out of them! I'm not a violent person, so I'll skip that idea!

I certainly will not let this dampen the enjoyment of our cruise one bit. Yes, initially I was very disappointed and I still wish we could have that cabin. But we don't and it is what it is. My husband has been through a very rough year health-wise and I am so grateful that he's doing better and we are able to take this cruise. There are certainly worse things in life, and this sure as heck isn't one of them.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I really got a chuckle out of a few of them!

Jo-Ann

JoAnn, you're my new hero! A humourous and balanced reponse to a situation that would upset me too, and I hope I'd end up having the good attitude that you do! Thanks for posting this last time- I was getting a little scared about what some might talk you into doing!:D

Oh, and, for the record, I know kwsunset (cruised with him before- nice guy!), and am sure that, if he was on the Summit instead, it was an innocent mistake.

But, if nothing else, know that we wish you the best cruise, and may the "free unbrella drinks" taste extra sweet.:)

But see how nice I am if anything happens with my CC on Constellation this Spring!;)

Andrew

Thanks for your kind compliment, Andrew. I find the older I get, the less I sweat the small stuff. I'm sure we'll have a great cruise regardless of the cabin we're in. We're so fortunate to be able to cruise that I feel bad even being annoyed in the first place.

I'll be sure to post a review when we return. It's our first cruise on Celebrity, and we're so looking forward to it.

Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann, glad to see you still have a great sense of humor about the whole situation, although I'm thinking the idea of beating the sh*t out of the occupants of #6135 has to be REALLY tempting!;) Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived