Earliest flight after cruise in Tampa

ChinaShrek

I know this question is asked a lot but many of my searches were not specific to Carnival or Tampa.  My mom and I will be on the Legend departing Tampa on 2/16 and returning on 2/23.  It is scheduled to be back in Tampa at 8am on Sunday.  What is the earliest flight I should book back home?  I am looking at the Delta TPA-BOS nonstop that leaves at 11:19am.  Can we make this flight?  Everything after noon is $250 more per person!  For those who have sailed in and out of Tampa, what would you do?

27 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

If everything goes just right, there is a possibility that you could make the 11:19 AM flight.

Keep in mind that February is the time of year when there might be sea fog which would delay your ship's return to port. 

I would book a later flight.

OK.  That's not the answer I wanted to hear but will look at a later flights.

Are you carrying your own bags out? Self assist?

if so as long as the ship is on time you be at the airport a 915 if you get up early and get the pass from guest service ( show your flight boarding pass ).  Take a cab or Uber .

‘The issue is will ship be on time .. been in and out of Tampa many times  only once was there a delay do to fog .

Couple years ago we took a chance,  made a 9:50 out of TPA. This ship seems to disembark right before 8am, not much earlier, maybe something with the dock workers start time. We are platinum and were just about the first off the ship carrying our own luggage.

If you do self assist, get off reasonably early in the process, right in a cab should have no problems. Everyone always talks about the fog, if its a significant delay, everyone will have a problem with making flights.

It wasn't Tampa, but we did FLL on Sunday and made a 9:35 flight with no issues. We were off the ship at 6:45 and through airport security by 7:15. We did the self-assist and uber. I might could have shaved a few minutes by contacting uber, but I waited until I was all the way to the rideshare area, before I started the process.

Before I ever booked it, I did do research on when that ship usually gets back from that itinerary, average uber time and average time through airport security. And it was still a little hectic in my mind. There were plenty of reports before I left of people off the ship by 6, but for us we didn't pull into port until 4:30 and the 6:15 meet-up in the theater turned into a 30 minute wait. But there was a lot of platinum, diamond and wheelchair assist on our cruise -- which all went first as well.

So my advice: do the research, but book through an airline that isn't a big deal to swap if you're late.

• Like 1