What happened to Rendevous Caye excursion in Belize?

luv2cruz@sea

Hello,  wondering if anyone has any current information on the Carnival excursion that they offered to

Rendezvous Caye?  It was a tour to the island and had amazing snorkeling.  I saw it not too long ago

on their web-site but it is now gone.  I have also contacted web support and they do not show it on their

end either. Any information would be helpful I will now have to go to Plan B if needed.

Looks like they are using Starfish Island (old Bannister Caye) now.  Probably a dispute over fees sharing with the resort owners, vs number of guest showing up.  Carnival typically gets 50-60% of the excursion fee.

I think a couple of private operators have excursions to Rendevous Caye , though.  Might want to search a bit.

It could be that they are renegotiating the contract for the year with the company that runs it.  

I think there is only 1 operator, crewsweeper.  It is also tiny, only one group at a time can be there, We enjoyed it but it wasn't something we would do again most likely.  I posted a video of it from April.