Cococay - shaded areas?

bigdawgs

• Clarea changed the title to Cococay - shaded areas?

I was on Coco Cay twice in the last week.  As a redhead from Michigan, I **need** shade, and I was able to find it very easily, now that there are loungers and umbrellas EVERYwhere. 

(Note that I didn't go in the waterpark at all, but all over the various Chill Island beaches and around the pool, I had no problem finding shade -- even plenty of shade for eating lunch!)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, brillohead said:

I was on Coco Cay twice in the last week.  As a redhead from Michigan, I **need** shade, and I was able to find it very easily, now that there are loungers and umbrellas EVERYwhere. 

(Note that I didn't go in the waterpark at all, but all over the various Chill Island beaches and around the pool, I had no problem finding shade -- even plenty of shade for eating lunch!)

Great question @bigdawgs

I'm with you on needing shade!  Would we need to leave the ship super early to get a good spot in the shade?  

7 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

I'm with you on needing shade!  Would we need to leave the ship super early to get a good spot in the shade?  

We were the only ship there on both occasions (Mariner).  The first time, we had a wedding on the beach at 11am, and stopped and ate lunch on the walk over to the pool after the wedding, so it was sometime between noon and 1pm when we got to the pool, and I walked up to a couple of back row loungers and put up the umbrella.

For the beach, well over half the loungers were empty when we got off around 10-10:30, and there's an umbrella between every 2-4 loungers.   The most "crowded" (if you can even remotely call it that) areas were right by the bridge (first beach for walkers to get off) and right by the tram station (for tram riders), and there were beach areas between those two sections, too.  

Edited by brillohead
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

We were the only ship there on both occasions (Mariner).  The first time, we had a wedding on the beach at 11am, and stopped and ate lunch on the walk over to the pool after the wedding, so it was sometime between noon and 1pm when we got to the pool, and I walked up to a couple of back row loungers and put up the umbrella.

For the beach, well over half the loungers were empty when we got off around 10-10:30, and there's an umbrella between every 2-4 loungers.   The most "crowded" (if you can even remotely call it that) areas were right by the bridge (first beach for walkers to get off) and right by the tram station (for tram riders), and there were beach areas between those two sections, too.  

That's great to hear.  I thought I might have to get off the ship at 8 or 9 am, which is too early for me ...lol

Appreciate the info!

6 minutes ago, racerxspeedy said:

We went to CocoCay this week (Navigator and Grandeur there together).   No issue getting loungers with shade all day long

It was very sunny all day.   Great pool - beach was low tide so the beach was less busy 

Thank you so much!  Hope you had a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1