Carnival Share Price

Kauaijim

The stock was down sharply this week based on weak guidance.  Sadly the stock ownership credit won't make up for the drop. Based on the near daily ,book soon and save emails we get from SB it seems like the demand supply point for luxury cruises has been met? Like real estate developers, if they can get financed they will build, same seems to go for cruise ships? When we went to Antarctica in 2017 it was fully booked early, now there are promotions. Good for travelers ?! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kauaijim said:

Sadly the stock ownership credit won't make up for the drop. 

Weekly capacity from 600, to  more than 1350, to 2000.   What could possibly go wrong?

If more people sailing with an NCL company knew of the current  value SB offers, they would graduate to a higher level of cruising.

If you're buying CCL for a small OBC,  I cannot help you.   Plenty of passengers bought for less than $30/share.

We are two people who find Encore and Ovation just as much fun as Sojourn---we have travelled on all three. 

I posted about the weak guidance some weeks ago.  But yes, this might be a good time to buy.  

What goes down, sooner or later, will go up. Follow this dictum and CCL will eventually pay off.  In the interim, you get OBC and a fairly favorable dividend.  The big drop of the past few days may very well be an overreaction. There are, however, a number of concerns that, I hope, are irrelevant.  Many analysts are playing the game of downgrading CCL. There is an overabundance of mega liners carrying in excess of 5,000 passengers.  Carnival, the Walmart of the Seas, seems to be concentrating on the mass fun ships( in all their brands of cruising)to the detriment of Seabourn. RCL spent 1 billion dollars to buy Silversea and will spend lots more in refurbishing the Silversea fleet, NCL is doing the same with Regent. Seabourn, IMHO,  is Carnival's poor stepchild.  I realize that everything is expensive and Carnival is trying to decrease expenses as best they can.  But to move Seabourn from Miami to Seattle and under the Holland America banner is a travesty and abysmal, I hope, it's not the end of Seabourn as we know and love it. The majority of "sailors" are loyal to Seabourn.  There is little new blood in the form of new passengers who will become Seabourn fans. For many, it's one and done and they head back to the other lines. I've heard complaints that it's the same ports year in and year out, the Retreat is expensive, they don't have itineraries for 2021, and the cost of the internet on an all inclusive ship. Additionally, their PR is lacking and the Seabourn ads are few and far between compared to other CCL ships.. SB was always the class of the Carnival fleet. Lately Viking has been getting all the honors and Seabourn has taken ratings behind Crystal, Regent and Silversea. I just this can be righted. As for me, I'll keep my position in CCL stock and consider this to be a sight hiccup in CCL.  Of course, I'll empathize with all the naysayers...right or wrong.

We have over 500 real sea days on HAL - we have taken two Seabourn Cruises this year (Antarctica in January and just got off after 14 days on Ovation yesterday) and we are sold on Seabourn. We miss the HAL that used to be and is no more. Seabourn, for us, is a great alternative though we, admittedly, will cruise a little less due to the tariff. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We have owned CCL for many years, we bought it after we started cruising and discovered the stock-holder credit, and have done well with it price appreciation-wise.  But without counting the dividend, over the years we have gotten more than we paid back in the form of OBC. 😎  

I do agree with saminina - and have been saying the same thing for awhile now.  While I don't believe Seabourn's revenue greatly affects CCL's bottom line, the rapid growth - which is not over yet given the new expedition ships yet to come on line - it does explain the 3-4 great deal brochures we get in the mail every week.

Edited by 2SailingNomads
Correct typo.