Sappire food not good-is Carib. or Star better?

cruzrmomma

We went on our 1st Princess cruise on the Sapphire. Loved everything except the really bad food. The buffet was amazingly unedible. Dining was meciocre, a few good things. Lobster good, meats horrible. Everyone was agreeing, so I'm not a complainer. So we want to go to the Caribbean with friends again, but want better food. Is the food better on other Princess ships like Caribbean or Star Princess? Or have they all gone downhill?

We have sailed on both the Caribbean Princess (for 4 days) and the Star (for 25 days). I have to say the Caribbean Princess had foods more to our taste. Lots of seafood.

But the best ship in the food department we found to be the Sea Princess. Great dining room food, great service and the buffet was the best we had ever seen.

"Everyone was agreeing?" You gotta be kidding. It may not have been to your personal taste, but saying the food was bad is just ridiculous. Our table of seasoned travellers all agreed the food last week was really good. I personally didn't hear any complaints, although with 2900 people, I'm sure there were some. Funny that each time I went through the Horizon court, there were hundreds of people eating the inedible food.

Remember that the chefs and the cooks are constantly switching ships after each of their contracts. So while one ship may be excellent one month, six months later may have entirely new staff and it may be different. Some employees leave the ship every month (the contracts are staggered) to go back home and often come back to new contracts on different ships.

Just off the Sapphire 1/21 sailling and we thought the food was excellent, including the buffet. Every time we sat down for lunch in the main dining room with other passengers they also told us how good they thought the food was. I had a tough steak one night but that's as close as I came to a bad meal. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Who is there that can objectively determine whether the food on one ship or one cruiseline is better than on another? It is simply a matter of opinion and when someone claims that they have determined one to be better, they are really saying that they preferred the food on that ship or line, not that you will necessarily agree. Don't give those opinions too much weight. Make your own determinations. I don't know that anyone has starved to death on a cruise ship, regardless of how "inedible" the food was.:D

I thought the food was very good on the Sapphire; not 5 star, but definitely right up there. But, as others have posted, everyone has their own opinions. But, to say "everyone was agreeing," I'm one person who does not agree with "everyone."

We were on the Sapphire over Christmas and thought the food was excellent. Much better than our previous cruise on the CB. Again, food is very subjective. However, one nice thing about a cruise is that if you don't like something, you can ask for something else. Don't like your entre? Tell your waiter and he'll bring you something else. As for the buffet, I found the variety and selections on the Sapphire very good. If I didn't like what's there, I would have / could have gone to the dining room where the food is better than in the buffet. Some days, we just got a hot dog or hamburger. There's no shortage of excellent food.

Archived