Live from the Whisper( but it's really windy) Greenwich to New York

spinnaker2

Gorgeous shot, Spins! What a welcome.

We finally climbed the statue this past February. Can't believe it took us so long... It took a visit from an Australian friend to make us do it.

Let me add my welcome to Lady Liberty's. Hope you and your fellow cruisers have a nice stay here in my home state!

A belated hello and many thanks to all you hardy sailors who braved some of the worst weather the Atlantic can throw and posted interesting and informative comments and some beautiful pictures.

Unsure how many of you have taken the plunge so to speak, and are continuing on from NYC on the Lady Whisper?  I am joining shortly and know that Sandra Martins is the CD, the Captain is Destefano ( excuse spelling) but who is the Hotel Director.  Answer greatfully received.

kindest regards

Master Echo

4 hours ago, Master Echo said:

A belated hello and many thanks to all you hardy sailors who braved some of the worst weather the Atlantic can throw and posted interesting and informative comments and some beautiful pictures.

Unsure how many of you have taken the plunge so to speak, and are continuing on from NYC on the Lady Whisper?  I am joining shortly and know that Sandra Martins is the CD, the Captain is Destefano ( excuse spelling) but who is the Hotel Director.  Answer greatfully received.

kindest regards

Master Echo

HD begins with an S, is it Sima? Sorry, too lazy to get out of bed to look it up. 

PS Hope this week’s nor’ easter isn’t too bad for those on board. 

On 10/2/2019 at 10:41 PM, Tothesunset said:

One minute you're walking up the corridor as if scaling Everest then the bow sinks and you're speeding uncontrollably like a drunk going downhill. Happy days! 

And that was in port! 😅 I got off in FLL at the right time! 

I hope the TA on the Moon isnt a replica! I'd like to experience some rough seas..... but not for days on end! Hopefully March further south will be kind!

Dusababy, dunno if you were on the Bow or starboard side on the top deck .... but if you were, I may have captured you in the hundreds of photos taken as you arrived under the Bridge. 

Spins, hope you are feeling better.... Never good when you want to enjoy something but unable to. But glad you kept your spirits up and kept posting. On that note, I've pinged you an email to ask for some Spirit advice as I think you may know the answer..... (Not something to spam this thread with!)

• 2 weeks later...

Les

I wrote back to you privately.

Meanwhile the cruise we booked aboard this cruise was done incorrectly.  This despite my meeting with the cruise consultant while we were aboard and being told it would be fixed.The air is messed up and my repeated emails to my TA have yielded no changes. My TA advised that she has contacted Silversea and they haven't fixed it as of this date!!

We came away from this crossing with less than a positive experience,  perhaps this is just the zeitgeist of the company today. The crossing was not relaxing,  rather the feeling which was pervasive to this pax was that we were in a hurry. Rushing to outrun the storms, rushing to avoid the bad weather.

While the crew were superb as always, we felt the pressure and tension of getting to the final destination instead of enjoying the time aboard.

• Like 1