Comfort Suites Miami Airport

LotusLane

Hi,

Can anyone who recently stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami give me a review about the cruise parking?  I've read a lot about the hotel's amenities but I haven't read too many reviews concerning the cruise parking, especially recent ones.  I did read that the parking lot is small and some folks wrote they parked outside on the road.  We are cruising in July 2020 out of Miami. Looking at my options early to get a good rate.  Comfort Suites looks nice and is affordable.  Is it safe to leave my car there or should I just park at the port?  I've been trying to find reviews all week on the boards and all the advice I've found is, "read the boards!" but no actually advice.  Looking for people who has stayed here and use the parking.

I would also look at La Quinta East and Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon for cruise parking options. None will shuttle you back from POM after the cruise, so figure on a $30 taxi or a $20 Uber.

Parking at POM costs $22/day, but is covered, convenient and secure. You might look at two one way rentals and avoid parking, etc.

Hi John,

I looked at those already.  Blue lagoon is out of budget and La Quinta didnt have what I wanted in a room, I'm traveling with family so we're looking for suites.  Rental car is not an option.  I'm looking for reviews on the parking at the Comfort Suites.  Thank you for your response. 

Wait until closer to July.

Miami hotels are expensive and if you find something that is cheap, it is for a reason.  That hotel is in a really crappy area and I would not leave my car there unattended if they paid me.  Some airport areas are dismal, dangerous and hotels are cheap for that reason.  Park on the street?  No.

I would keep looking and use hotwire.  

At a very minimum in July at least try and get downtown or out on the beaches.  It is HOT here in July.  Our heat and humidity is no joke.

Wait until closer to July.

Miami hotels are expensive and if you find something that is cheap, it is for a reason.  That hotel is in a really crappy area and I would not leave my car there unattended if they paid me.  Some airport areas are dismal, dangerous and hotels are cheap for that reason.  Park on the street?  No.

I would keep looking and use hotwire.  

At a very minimum in July at least try and get downtown or out on the beaches.  It is HOT here in July.  Our heat and humidity is no joke.
Have you stayed there recently?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I used to work for a hotel. Waiting for July is not a feasible option because the closer you get to the date, the less rooms available and the higher the prices. The hotel has excellent reviews. I will have a car so walking to places isnt a concern. Miami is expensive the the further away from the beach the cheaper the hotels. I have budgeted for POM parking but looking at different options.

13 hours ago, LotusLane said:

I used to work for a hotel. Waiting for July is not a feasible option because the closer you get to the date, the less rooms available and the higher the prices. The hotel has excellent reviews. I will have a car so walking to places isnt a concern. Miami is expensive the the further away from the beach the cheaper the hotels. I have budgeted for POM parking but looking at different options.

July is dead season for Miami Airport hotels.  Occupancy rates plummet to about 30%.

• 3 weeks later...