Golf Simulators???

Grumm

As a confirmed golf addict, I was delighted to be able to "play" Pebble Beach, Sawgrass etc...last time on Brilliance. This year we are on Legend and I believe that the simulators have been removed. My better half says that this will give us more time together as she was not impressed by the amount of time I spent on the various virtual courses on our last RCCL cruise. I wonder if anyone can tell me what the simulators have been replaced by? If the replacements are virtual scenes from any Steve McQueen or John Wayne movie, I'll be able to spend time on my second favourite hobby-talking about golf at the bar, as she will spend a lot of time on the new stimulators-(was that "T" a Freudian slip?)-any info will be gladly received.

Alan

OH CRAP!! they better not have been removed!! If so, I may be in deep trouble!! We usually do a summer trip to Myrtle Beach and my husband golfs daily, we begged him to join on a cruise to bermuda with my cousins and I sold him on the simulators!! plus he can try to get in 36 holes in one of the days in port. But I sold him on the premise he can do the simulators!

The Legend of the Seas does not, and as far as I know, never had, golf simulators on board. I believe that only the Voyager class and Radiance class ships have simulators.

What the Legend does have is a 17 hole mini-golf course (the 18th was replaced by the rock wall). The course was a little worn when I sailed on the Legend in October, 2004, but was still entertaining. I finally shot even par on it on the last day of a 14 night cruise.

They had a simulator (just one) on the Jewel when we cruised 1/14/06. I would not recommend it. My brother-in-law and I played and it was very frustrating. The screen would often not register your shot and when it did it would often show the ball clearly on the fairway only to then tell you that you were in the water with a penalty. We gave up after about 8 holes.

• 4 weeks later...
They had a simulator (just one) on the Jewel when we cruised 1/14/06. I would not recommend it. My brother-in-law and I played and it was very frustrating. The screen would often not register your shot and when it did it would often show the ball clearly on the fairway only to then tell you that you were in the water with a penalty. We gave up after about 8 holes.

Ditto on the Serenade in December. Only I think we threw in the towel after only 3 holes. It is $25 per hour for 1 to 4 people.

On Voyager last September, my fiancee played in the simulator and actually enjoyed it. It worked well (no glitches). It was a rainy day (on his birthday no less) so at least he "played" some golf - especially since I couldn't play golf due to an arm injury!

Archived