Disney resort to Port Canaveral (non Disney cruise)

JLDMED

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get from one of the Disney resorts to our post Disney (but non Disney) cruise?   We will be staying at the Pop Century and will need to get to Port Canaveral on March 20.  There are three of us, and would rather not spend a lot.  Thanks in advance!

Best is a stretch limo with a stocked bar, but that's not going to be cheap.

UberX, assuming you pack light, will be about $70-80+

You could ride the WDW transportation back to MCO and catch a shared shuttle from there for about $20+ per person. Check with Cortrans and Cocoa Beach Shuttle.

I'm staying in DIsney for 3 days before heading to PC for a cruise. I ended up booking a car through Hertz for $62 total at MCO on my arrival day, and I'll return it to MCO the day of my cruise. Then I booked Go Port shuttle, $30 round trip. This was a fairly cheap way to get me where I needed to go, and allow me to stop at a store pre-WDW/cruise to get some essentials, and to come and go as I please. I contemplated Ubering to and from my hotel, but it was only a difference of about $20 and I liked the freedom. And it was just me - so I imagine a family of 3 would be better off with a car as well.

On 10/7/2019 at 9:47 PM, mchelle77 said:

I'm staying in DIsney for 3 days before heading to PC for a cruise. I ended up booking a car through Hertz for $62 total at MCO on my arrival day, and I'll return it to MCO the day of my cruise. Then I booked Go Port shuttle, $30 round trip. This was a fairly cheap way to get me where I needed to go, and allow me to stop at a store pre-WDW/cruise to get some essentials, and to come and go as I please. I contemplated Ubering to and from my hotel, but it was only a difference of about $20 and I liked the freedom. And it was just me - so I imagine a family of 3 would be better off with a car as well.

This is my plan as well, though we're staying at Universal's Endless Summer.  Glad to see someone else has had success with it.  One thing to keep in mind is that Universal and Disney do both charge for parking at their resorts now.  We're only staying for two nights before our cruise, so we'll just use Lyft to get around Orlando.

3 hours ago, parsec0298 said:

This is my plan as well, though we're staying at Universal's Endless Summer.  Glad to see someone else has had success with it.  One thing to keep in mind is that Universal and Disney do both charge for parking at their resorts now.  We're only staying for two nights before our cruise, so we'll just use Lyft to get around Orlando.

Yes, that's definitely a factor. If you stay at a hotel that has a shuttle, though, it's not an issue. Otherwise, parking or an Uber will add to the cost.

My cost factored in the parking as well - If I had Ubered to and from the airport and the park from my hotel, it would have only been about an $18 difference from the car rental and parking cost at the parks. Sometimes being able to stick to your own timetable is worth $18! (In my case, it definitely is!)

• 3 weeks later...

We did this before our very second cruise that happened to sail from PoC.  We stayed at a Disney resort and arranged for the Royal Caribbean shuttle from MCO to PoC.  I remember we just got ourselves back to the airport (it was 2006, so don't remember how we did it) and waited for the shuttle.  If we'd had a rental car for Disney (maybe; it was before Magical Express), we would have returned it at the airport and then just made our way to the shuttle waiting area.

On 10/3/2019 at 5:31 PM, JLDMED said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get from one of the Disney resorts to our post Disney (but non Disney) cruise?   We will be staying at the Pop Century and will need to get to Port Canaveral on March 20.  There are three of us, and would rather not spend a lot.  Thanks in advance!

Try cruise control

My husband and I (just 2 of us) are doing this same thing. Arriving in Feb and taking the Magical Express to the resort. After being there 2 days/nights we are stuck as to how to get to Port Canaveral. Thinking just Uber or Lyft for the convenience. Although renting a car is about half the price; however, we would still have to use an Uber or Lyft to get to the rental car place. I know Disney has one on property but on their website it said you had to pick-up/drop-off from the same place. So we'll probably just plan on Uber/Lyft but will still ask about the rental car so we can drive ourselves to the port for lots cheaper. There's a rental car place super close to the port and they'll shuttle you to the port. Any and all other recommendations gladly taken!! 🙂

(Oh and we did look into a limo but that was almost $300.) 

11 hours ago, misspriss_mv said:

My husband and I (just 2 of us) are doing this same thing. Arriving in Feb and taking the Magical Express to the resort. After being there 2 days/nights we are stuck as to how to get to Port Canaveral. Thinking just Uber or Lyft for the convenience. Although renting a car is about half the price; however, we would still have to use an Uber or Lyft to get to the rental car place. I know Disney has one on property but on their website it said you had to pick-up/drop-off from the same place. So we'll probably just plan on Uber/Lyft but will still ask about the rental car so we can drive ourselves to the port for lots cheaper. There's a rental car place super close to the port and they'll shuttle you to the port. Any and all other recommendations gladly taken!! 🙂

(Oh and we did look into a limo but that was almost $300.) 

You can use the WDW transport to get back to MCO.  From there a rental car is easy or you can catch a shared shuttle to PC.

We are doing the exact same thing with a 4 year old in February. 

Best option seems to be to Uber (as long as they are still offering the car seat service for us).

Unless someone can recommend a good car service to book ahead...

Edited by ham_bone

1 hour ago, ham_bone said:

We are doing the exact same thing with a 4 year old in February. 

Best option seems to be to Uber (as long as they are still offering the car seat service for us).

Unless someone can recommend a good car service to book ahead...

You'll pay extra for the car seat service, if it is available.  Better bet is to bring your own seat - the airline will check it for free if you do not use it on the plane.  There are travel booster seats that should work for a 4-year old - check Amazon and target.  Some are inflatable and take up very little room.

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

You'll pay extra for the car seat service, if it is available.  Better bet is to bring your own seat - the airline will check it for free if you do not use it on the plane.  There are travel booster seats that should work for a 4-year old - check Amazon and target.  Some are inflatable and take up very little room.

Thanks. 

Looks like he is big enough for some of the inflatable ones. Think I'll grab one of those and then just UberXL from the Disney hotel. Car Services are quoting $150 range (plus tip).