Just back from 5 Day's on The Dream

Crusin Hogs

This was our second time on The Dream , Had a spa cabin  ,, The Dream is in need of paint on the outside , We had 2 ports  Cozumel and Progresso , , 1st time to Progresso , we booked a tour , Went to  The Reef Yucktan  (sp)  a New  all inclusive , the hotel was not open. So only 2 busload's of Carnival Dream cruisers were there, We had all we wanted to eat and drink , good food   Beach and pools to use ,, Great excursion ,, We like Progresso !   Went to the MDR 1 night ,food was bland , did not care for the choice's ,, Ate in the Lido ,, The day we went to Cozumel and Progresso ,, and the following nights , The lido looked like boarding day !  PACKED full , They were running the buffet on both sides , I did hear  1 lido employee on her radio , asking  for more help on lido bussing tables ect , Looked inside the MDR's as we passed them , very empty ,, even at 6;30 PM , waiters just standing looking around ,empty tables ,,  The shows were great  ,No canned music , The dancers were the ones singing , Live bands  on stage  Seen Flick , America Rocks and The 80's Pop to the Max ,, Had Ben Gentry in the piano bar he is great ,  Cruise director Gary is also a good one ,, This was our 14th cruise , The food on Carnival has really gone downhill ,, The lido did have  some of what was offered in MDR , Prime rib , BBQ ribs , Lamb ,, Lido deserts are better than MDR though   

• Like 1

I am interested in your comment on the food, as we felt the same about the food on Vista when we sailed on her in August. Carnival is not my favorite cruise line, but I have always felt that their food was definitely one of their best aspects. We are booked on Dream in December; if the quality of the food has indeed declined, it may be my last Carnival cruise.

Your not alone I booked one more because I had gift cards and their non refundable otherwise I would spend my time and money elsewhere.carnival has gone down greatly.faster than the rest.we will not be missed and so will carnival not be missed either.

I was on the same cruise and I agree about the dining room food. What cruise lines have y'all sailed that have better food? We are booked on Vista next year and were discussing that it might be our last carnival for a while.

Over the years Carnival has definite went down hill on the food. Even the buffet has fewer choices. I have posted this before. I love mashed potatoes and if they are offered one evening that is a lot. Royal, Celebrity, Princess, Holland and others have them every evening. Carnival RICE every evening. Old baked potatoes or reheated ones. So we do the steak house the first evening. Buffet the rest of the cruise. Want fish and chips. Now you pay for it. Considering they are the cruise line with the very lowest cost to cruise the largest cabins. You can easily see where they are cutting down to keep it low. Every Royal cruise and others beat them out for the quality and choice of the food. We still do Carnival because we like them and want to try the new ships. Booked on the Mardi Gras and the redone new name Radiance. So we will see if they are the same, hopefully not any worse. Always do Halloween on a Carnival ship.